Cancelling PPI CAN BE DONE!!!!!

Options

Comments

• robert_harper_2000
    Options
    HSBC ripped me off with loan PPI ... I tried cancelling this mis-sold crap by writing infact 11 letters! got no where so I have started a online court claim with moneygov.org.uk I will not put up with being ripped off by this heartless banks!

You shouldn't go to court without first giving them a chance to fix the situation. So You should write a letter - I'll see if I have a copy of the sample letter.
    Help me to help you :santa2:
  • Blue_Lou
    Blue_Lou Posts: 165 Forumite
    Options
    Now I've had a reply, it says someone will look into this thoroughly for me, theres no set response time now - should I leave it and hope they contact me back within a fortnight?
  • kotum45
    kotum45 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Just referred to this site from consumergroup.com and this thread is a fantastic read.
    I was wondering if anyone knows if I can ask for a refund on a loan that was consolidated.
    I took out a loan from Lloyds when I was 7 months pregnant. Without my knowledge PPI was added on to the loan. I found out a year later (when I couldn't afford the repayments) that I had been paying for the PPI cover. I also found out that PPI was no use to me because I was pregnant when I took out the loan and my maternaty leave started a month later.
    As soon as I was made aware of the PPI payments I had been paying, I asked for it to be cancelled but they refused. After calling them at least 20 times, they offered a consolidation loan (credit card and overdraft and the inital loan) so my monthyl payments would be reduced as PPI wouldn't be included in the new loan.
    The thing is if they didn't refuse to cancel the PPI I would have been able to manage. Now I have a bigger loan and longer to pay.
    Does anyone know if I can do anyhting at all?
  • twinkle75
    twinkle75 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    should I bother contacting the ombudsman regarding halifaxs denial to refund my PPI or should I start teh online claim straight away?

Anyone any experience with the Ombudsman
  • robert_harper_2000
    Options
    Well I started online claim it costs to start one whereas the other option is free. However with courts the time frame is a lot quicker and the banks are afraid of the big bad courts! Go with monyclaim.org.uk

I did, no probs so far just awaiting reply
    Help me to help you :santa2:
  • Ciara111
    Ciara111 Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    HSBC ripped me off with loan PPI ... I tried cancelling this mis-sold crap by writing infact 11 letters! got no where so I have started a online court claim with moneygov.org.uk I will not put up with being ripped off by this heartless banks!

You shouldn't go to court without first giving them a chance to fix the situation. So You should write a letter - I'll see if I have a copy of the sample letter.

Thanks for the letter. Well its been over a week waiting for some sort of response from HSBC. I spoke to someone in complaints today who gave me the address to write to. He said that the phone conversations arent kept over 6 months and there was no way to verify etc..so basically they cant do anything about it and its in my T&C's which i signed that PPI is optional. BS I say.I told him that the branch said that they would be able to confirm phone conversations.I also mentioned the fact that the branch tried to dissuade me from complaining. I then kindly asked for the address to escalate my complaint.The customer complaint person did mention that he could try to open a new loan without the PPI. But im not having it... Im a fed up with being ripped off. I only borrowed 15k and ended up with a loan total of close to 22K on 8.9% with PPI. Im not giving up on this. Im posting the address here for anyone who needs to deal with HSBC... as lodging a complaint via phone/branch is just another delay tactic.

The Manager
    Service Quality Team
    HSBC Bank plc
    Arlington Business Centre
    Millshaw Park Lane
    Leeds. LS11 0PP

Will keep you posted MSs
    If anyone had any dealing with HSBC, please PM me and let me know how you got on.
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. -Mark Twain
    To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult.-Plutarch

HSBC Loan= £15K - ends June 2010 (down from £18K PPI cancelled and refunded..hooray!)
    Credit Card=£3,200, £3500 limit
    20p Saving club (joined 28.08.06)=£1.20 saving for holiday
  • tomandjerry
    tomandjerry Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    Avogirly wrote:
    I would just like to thank everyone for their advice regarding my payment protection.

I have a loan with Lloyds TSB, and just like everyone else, when I tried to cancel the PPI I was told I couldn't because of the loan being over 30 days old.

However, I came on this forum and read up about cancelling the PPI, PM'd a few people and got a great template letter (PM me if you would like a copy). I wrote to them last week, and low and behold when I checked my loan balance today I've been credited back the WHOLE insurance amount.

Martin :money: , MSE and all you wonderful people have saved me £5000.

I cannot thank you enough.

:T :T :T :T :T :T

I am a very happy person today! :D

Just off to change my signature!

Hi Avogirly,

Could you send me the letter mentioned above (as PM), please, I'm in exactly same situation with the same bank?
    Many thanks in advance.

taj
    DMP started 2/2007
    DMP Mutual support #136
    DFD July 2013 May 2024 Oct 2017 Feb 2017 April 2017...t's complicated :eek::eek:
  • Ciara111
    Ciara111 Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    I got a response today from HSBC saying that since they are unable to verify the phone call they cannot give me a refund. They have offered to arrange a new loan without PPI and as a "gesture of goodwill" ensure that there are no early closure charges incurred. Are they flipping mad???!!! Also in the letter they said that I had "access to the benefit of PPI" so they are unable to offer a refund. I did ask for them to send me their complaints policy which they did not do but at the end of the letter they asked that I let them know if I was not satisfied and that cases are ultimately resolved by the financial obudsman. Is this clever letter writing on their part or what? Another delay tactic... why didnt they just send their policy as I kindly asked. Anyway will speak to this person and ask what the procedure is as I am still unsatisfied. What should I do next? Go to the FO or start a claim? Maybe I should mention that to them when I call?
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. -Mark Twain
    To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult.-Plutarch

HSBC Loan= £15K - ends June 2010 (down from £18K PPI cancelled and refunded..hooray!)
    Credit Card=£3,200, £3500 limit
    20p Saving club (joined 28.08.06)=£1.20 saving for holiday
  • JULIE
    JULIE Posts: 210 Forumite
    Options
    hi ciara111, please update us on how you get on,i'm in the same situation with PPI with hsbc :mad: and would like to know your outcome
    "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...
    until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it"

Harper Lee - To Kill A Mockingbird
  • Richie23_2
    Richie23_2 Posts: 582 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    If someone has the letter for a template to cancel PPI please can you PM me.

Has anyone ever had problems cancelling with Barclays. Its for my friend who has had the loan for a 2years already, the loan is over 7 Years for 10k and he still owes £11,500..he already made 24 payments..shocking.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family