Cancelling PPI CAN BE DONE!!!!!

Options

Comments

• maforduk
    maforduk Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    I went into the branch and cancelled mine manually as their departments are crap!
    I'm also in the process of claiming it back!
  • maforduk
    Options
    Here is my 'Letter Before Action' posted off today (20/04/2006)
    maforduk wrote:
    MY ADDRESS

Paul Crump
    Customer Relations Manager
    FREEPOST
    Head Office Customer Relations
    London
    E14 5HP

20th April 2006

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: ********

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

After my initial request for the PPI to be refunded in full you replied by a letter.
    I have since replied to that letter and not only that, I have spoken to and faxed over my response to your customer services department, I have the proof that the fax was successful and even a contact name to who I spoke with. Since then I have heard nothing back from you (Barclays) and have no other choice but to send you this letter before action.
    I have had to cancel the PPI myself in branch with the Advisors at the desk and I’m also settling the loan with an early settlement.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

Furthermore, I shall submit a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit licence under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means then seek advice from your legal department.

There will be no further communications from me unless a successful full refund is implemented.

Yours faithfully,

Mark ****
  • maforduk
    Options
    Here is the reply I got when asking for the PPI to be refunded in full after my LBA (Letter Before Action)
    Barclays wrote:
    Dear Mr Ford

Thank you for your recent letter in which you remain dissatisfied with my response.

I can only reiterate what I have said in my previous letter. You applied for the loan online and did not seek advice from a member of staff in branch or over the phone. The agreement and the cancellation forms, copies enclosed, clearly indicate that the Barclayloan was taken with insurance.

We do have an internal complaint process. If you remain unhappy with my response, then I will arrange for the complaint to be forwarded to our independant Review Team, who will issue the Banks final response in due course.

I hope I hace answered all your concerns. If you would like to talk about this further please call me on 0800 282 ***. I will keep your complaint file open for eight weeks so you have time to consider my response. If i have not heard from you by then, I will regard your matter as closed.

Our aim is to resolve all complaints internally, although we recognise this may not always be possible. If we are unable to agree a way forward you may be able to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to review your complaint. We eill help you if you like to do this; however, I hope we can resolve matters for you before you take this step.

You can find more information about how we deal with complaints and the Financial Ombudsman Service in the leaflet enclosed with our letter dates 24 March.

Your Sincerely

Paul Crump
    Customer Relations Manager

What do you guy's/gal's think? Do I claim online through the courts or is there notng I can do?
    Along with this letter I recieved 'copies' of documents for the PPI and the Contract of the loan.

Thanks.
  • Old_iron_balls
    Options
    looks like they're really sticking to their guns :(

it may be worth contacting the Ombudsman to see if there really is anything else you can do.
    sorry its not going smoothly for you :confused:
    Debt at highest £16k+
    Debt at lightbulb moment £14,800
    Current debt £6336
    Cleared £4206 in November 05 How ? Bye Bye PPI :)
  • maforduk
    Options
    Hey, no worries. Thanks.
    Shal I persure there independant Review Team first though or go straight to the FOS.

The PPI is worth about 1,200 over 5 years from memory and there's 2 and a half years left. I'm paying the loan off early on Wednesday.
    The value of PPI that there taking off for the PPI on the remaining 2 and a half's is only about £300. How so little? Surely it should be half! About £600!
  • up_a_creek
    Options
    i am a new user to the form could someone send me the cancellation form so that I can cancel my A & L PHI.

thanks
  • EthelBloggs
    EthelBloggs Posts: 2,740 Forumite
    Options
    just had a letter offering me and ex-gratia payment which they want to credit to my loan account. However, the amount they're offering is greater than the amount outstanding so I'd rather have a cheque, think they'd agree to that?

Thanks again everyone for making me aware of this and showing me how to do it :D
    ☆ §ügÅr cØÅTëÐ pØï§Øn ☆
    Murphys no more pies club Member #41 :dance:
    12 stone down! :j
    Tiff Appreciation Society Member #2

• Old_iron_balls
    Options
    However, the amount they're offering is greater than the amount outstanding so I'd rather have a cheque, think they'd agree to that?
    :D

WOW now that is a result :beer:

have no idea if they would agree to a cheque.
    id be tempted not to rock the boat and just see how they deal with it. unless its a substantial ammout more.

either way. well done and good on you.
    looking at your sig your well on your way to becoming DF :D
    Debt at highest £16k+
    Current debt £6336
  • La_Lou
    Options
    Hi All

Having made a phone call to the Lloyds TSB loan line this am to cancel my PPI, and having the standard 30 days line as i know now. I firstly tried foolishly to contact my branch by telephone!!! :rolleyes:

Then I thought MSN must have some useful advice.

So I have read right throught this thread and now having written my letter - Twice (had to tone down first draft) will post it later today.

Just wanted to say a big thankyou for all your views.

Wish me Luck
  • Old_iron_balls
    Options
    La_Lou wrote:
    Hi All

Having made a phone call to the Lloyds TSB loan line this am to cancel my PPI,

Wish me Luck

Good luck Lou :D
    they must practice the 30 day speech everyday before they start work :rolleyes:
    Debt at highest £16k+
    Current debt £6336
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure