🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Swalec, help finding unit price

Options
boydE
boydE Posts: 376 Forumite
Im a bit confused, I have been looking to try and find the unit price that I pay, on the swalec website there are about 20 different types of tarriffs.
I have got a power meter and wish to add the price in to the unit so I can see how much I am spending on different appliances.
Cant find any recent bills as the house is upside down.
"your tariff is domestic standard no standing charge"

also is it worth changing tariffs?
we pay £88pm

Comments

• fatlad1971
    Options
    boydE wrote: »
    Im a bit confused, I have been looking to try and find the unit price that I pay, on the swalec website there are about 20 different types of tarriffs.
    I have got a power meter and wish to add the price in to the unit so I can see how much I am spending on different appliances.
    Cant find any recent bills as the house is upside down.
    "your tariff is domestic standard no standing charge"

also is it worth changing tariffs?
    we pay £88pm

Ring and ask them would seem the simplest way forward
  • boydE
    Options
    fatlad1971 wrote: »
    Ring and ask them would seem the simplest way forward
    they are closed, thats why I am asking on here :D
  • fatlad1971
    Options
    they are closed, thats why I am asking on here :D

then put your mouse down and go and find a recent bill ;)
  • Plushchris
    Options
    If you havent got a bill go to one of the comparison sites, put in your postcode and tariff then on the results page click on "view my current tariff details"

Can you guess what information that brings up? ;)

What you put into the usage is irrelevent if you only want to find out your current prices but you might as well do a comparison while you are there (use your KwH usage for most accurate results)
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • boydE
    Options
    This is a bill from 2006, its very confusing, why cant they just charge for one unit instead of discount this, standard this :rolleyes:

16th Dec 2006 - 19th March 2007
    Units Used 1624

16/12/06-31/12/06
    standard energy units
    61 at 13.07p each
    Discounted energy units
    216 at 9.45 each

01/01/07--19/03/07
    Standard energy units
    302 at 14.8 each
    discounted energy units
    1045 at 10.25p each

£261

its all very confusing :confused: how come some are standard and some are discounted?

I done a comparison and british gas click energy 5 (monthly DD)is the cheapest by £273pa saving??
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    its all very confusing :confused: how come some are standard and some are discounted?

I done a comparison and british gas click energy 5 (monthly DD)is the cheapest by £273pa saving??

Nearly every company(not Ebico) charge more for the first xx Units in a quarter if they don't have a daily charge.

Some companies use the terminology Tier1 and Tier2 units, others primary and secondary units.

Bear in mind that the BG Click 5 tariff has yet to have an increase in the latest round and one is expected very soon.
  • boydE
    Options
    Do you know what percentage is likely?

the next cheapest is scottish power with a saving of £153.20

when i filled the form in I put down i was a high user and not low or medium.
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Do you know what percentage is likely?

the next cheapest is scottish power with a saving of £153.20

when i filled the form in I put down i was a high user and not low or medium.

It was 35% on gas and 9% on electric on average on their other tariffs, I cant see why the rise would be much different on Click 5

I would say if you expect a 20-25% rise on click 5 as a duel fuel tariff you wouldnt be too far out
  • boydE
    Options
    been looking around, and ebico look good

Gas 2.860p per kWhElectricity 12.72p per kWh

is there a place i can phone for someone to help with a best deal, obviously I dont want any charges.
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    been looking around, and ebico look good

Gas 2.860p per kWhElectricity 12.72p per kWh

is there a place i can phone for someone to help with a best deal, obviously I dont want any charges.

Ebico may look good (and they are a good company generally) however they havent put their prices up yet either, you can probably expect a similar 20-25% on their prices too.

Ebico are usually good for low users and people on prepayment, chances are you will find a cheaper supplier if you can pay by DD and have online billing. The Scottish power one you mentioned is likely to be your best bet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport