Lease Car Return Problem

1235»

Comments

• Hi, I am returning a car I have on lease in about 3 weeks, it as a few miner scratches and scuffed wheels, does anyone know of an independent company who can prepare my car before it is retuned to the lease company so I will not get over charged for the repairs ?
  • albionrovers
    albionrovers Posts: 2,028 Forumite
    Chipsaway. They will inspect it and advise on what needs to be done. Their website will advise who is your nearest representative but I think some reps do more work than others eg. dents/wheels/scratches so make sure you ask for 1 who does all that you need.
    This, of course, doesn't guarantee you will be in the clear once the car goes back. Honda are chasing me for £500 after getting 2 clean bills of health on my returned car, one from Chipsaway and one from the pick-up bloke and his accomplice. Both of Honda's gripe areas have clean ticks on my inspection sheet via the pick-up bloke. I also have many photos.

I'm disputing every penny as we speak.
  • Having stumbled across this thread whilst it may be a little out of date now I felt compelled to share my little tale regarding lease car repair.

After being stung with what felt like a hefty bill for what I would class as a minor scuff and slight alloy damage in 2009 I decided to take heed and ensure that when the take came to return my next lease car that I wouldn't allow the same to happen without at least checking the cost to have it repaired locally.

So come 2012 it was time for my Citroen C3 to be returned, whilst the car had no means been my pride and joy it had been carefully looked after but undoubtedly I can't police every idiot who choses to park next to me! Unfortunately a dented door (caused by a driver who chose to drive off at a speedy pace thinking they hadn't been spotted whilst I was exiting the shopping centre) was my latest lease vehicle foe!

I decided to look locally for car body repairers in the Blackpool (Lancashire) area and after visiting a few companies I went with one who had good reviews but were actually recommended to me (St Annes Bodywork Centre) who I have seen been back to with more business following a non fault accident in my latest car - not a lease vehicle i'm pleased to say!!!
    I've always felt nervous visiting garages to be honest as I hate the idea of being taken for a ride when it comes to cars as it's an expense I don't enjoy having to pay for (but who does right!!)

After visiting various threads online I am confident that I paid less than what I would have been billed for by the lease company however I've got to say that since then I've decided to go with buying my own vehicle as the worry of having to return the lease car in a condition 'they' deem to be showing only fair wear and tear was not an experience I enjoyed. I'm just glad I found a local company who made me feel a little more relaxed at the time about the whole thing!!

It definitely to me proves the point that it's worth looking to have the repair undertaken yourself!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure