🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

DLA Decision Very Quick?

Options
Today I rang up to see if the DLA people had received the forms I sent last week for my 2 year old sons first claim for CP. I had included OT reports and his physio had filled out the optional statement at the back.

Anyway the bloke on the phone asked if I had sent in renewal forms to which I said no it was our first claim forms, he then said that there was an award showing on the system which he opened and said it had been awarded today but he couldn't tell me how much as it wasn't showing but an award had definitely been decided and made today. He said I will get a letter shortly :T

We only sent the forms off last week and wasn't anticipating hearing anything until later october at the very earliest.

I'm gobsmacked as I had really expected a long wait so for the first time ever I'd like to give a big cheer for the DWP :T :T
Married mum to 4, new addition expected 02/07/14

Comments

• Verianna wrote: »
    Today I rang up to see if the DLA people had received the forms I sent last week for my 2 year old sons first claim for CP. I had included OT reports and his physio had filled out the optional statement at the back.

Anyway the bloke on the phone asked if I had sent in renewal forms to which I said no it was our first claim forms, he then said that there was an award showing on the system which he opened and said it had been awarded today but he couldn't tell me how much as it wasn't showing but an award had definitely been decided and made today. He said I will get a letter shortly :T

We only sent the forms off last week and wasn't anticipating hearing anything until later october at the very earliest.

I'm gobsmacked as I had really expected a long wait so for the first time ever I'd like to give a big cheer for the DWP :T :T

well done,that is quick most claims/renewals can take 3 months,remember the payments will be back dated to the date stamped on the application when the forms were sent to you,or if you applied online the application date.
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    One of the benefits from including as much information as possible from professionals (they call these 'factual reports usually which winds me up a treat) is you can usually hear back sooner. Sounds like that has had some impact and they are quiet at the mo, well done, fingers crossed you receive the levels of support you are hoping for and that it helps improve your childs quality of life.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Verianna
    Options
    Have rung again as I didn't want to believe it was true and it is 100% true and we have been awarded the higher rate care component :j

We have a payment backdated to the 21st August winging its way to us so that is going to pay for a very much needed special car seat that he needs :T
    Married mum to 4, new addition expected 02/07/14
  • Stardust
    Options
    :T Thats great news
  • SuziQ
    SuziQ Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    My son's letters came through in 12 days with his award notice in July-just 4 days after they sent an acknowledgement of receipt of forms. I had filled them out by doing each piece on the computer with loads of examples and a wide range of care needed and had included a report from his school.I was so relieved not to have to wait for months too.

CTC upgraded to the higher award in only 6 days too.
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Don't forget to let Tax Credits know!
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Verianna wrote: »
    Have rung again as I didn't want to believe it was true and it is 100% true and we have been awarded the higher rate care component :j

We have a payment backdated to the 21st August winging its way to us so that is going to pay for a very much needed special car seat that he needs :T

There may be other people you can apply for funding for the car seat etc now he's got his DLA award.

These could include your local rotary club, http://www.cerebra.org.uk/grants/ and https://www.familyfund.org.uk
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport