bad investment op

Options
I know we can be easy victims this time of year but this is taking the P. Do these people really think we are going to invest with a company who can't even aford an employee who can spell the word Four? The use of capitalisation in this piece is a sure give away. If you see it delete it

Hello,

I represent a company seeking for part-time financial contractors. I will describe the offer in a few words below:

Our company (GlobalIndustry Finance Group) is a trading - financial company is seeking for employees to work with financial correspondence.
Our company is investment based enterprise. Your main duties will include operations, regarding distribution, sales, transfers, banking and finance basics. Age, education or gender are no longer barriers for making money with us. We offer the greatest opportunity for career growth and promotion at home.
Global Finance Group is seeking for responsible, literate and honest persons for the positions in transaction and processing services to be regional clerk.
No experience needed to qualify.

Requirements:
1. Be able to check your email several times a day
2. Be able to respond to emails immediately
3. Be responsible and hard working
4. Be able to open bank accounts (merchant of other institutions) for company needs (if needed)
5. Should have personal checking bank account (optional)

No experience, no problem.

Salary depends on time spent by employee , average is about $1000 - $2000 weekly.
Employment After you are accepted for employment, you will be assigned to our manager.
The manager will inform you by E-mail about the time and nature of the first transaction.
Our company assumes full responsibility for insurance, customs and tax registration of funds transaction.
You will not have to fill out any documents or pay customs duties!
For the initial period you will be offered a part-time employment, later depending on your activity results you can turn to the full-time employment.
During working perion your % will grow with every month or transferred sum, the more activity you provide the more money you will make with every transactions.
For any additional questions please contact our managers.
We need six representatives , so please respond fast if you would like to start immediately. In this case, please email for more details

E-mail: ***removed***

Thanks, Michael
Team manager ,
GlobalIndustry Finance Group.

Comments

• Turning_into_scrooge
    Options
    Sorry but i'm obviously missing something here. Whats the meaning behind this?
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have sent email to abuse@moneysavingexpert.com to ask that the email address gets removed from the OP.

I believe this is all about international money transfer, and possibly linked to the nigerian scammers - definitely one to stay absolutely clear of!
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I had the same message yesterday. They were using a "Netscape.net" email address so I contacted Netscape to tell them that one of their accounts was being used for fraud.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Turning_into_scrooge
    Options
    innovate wrote:
    I have sent email to abuse@moneysavingexpert.com to ask that the email address gets removed from the OP.

I believe this is all about international money transfer, and possibly linked to the nigerian scammers - definitely one to stay absolutely clear of!

Thank you for enlightening me, i couldn't work it out :eek:
  • Justicia
    Justicia Posts: 1,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yep, it's a means of money laundering and also does indeed have links to the Nigerian scamming rings...

With you acting as a representative for your "employers," a "client" sends you a payment by paper means. You then pay this into your bank account and it appears to be cleared and the money is credited to your account. As agreed with your "employer," you then send the majority of these funds to them via Western Union (highly likely form of transfer used) minus a percentage that you keep as commission for doing such a fine job.

A few weeks later, your bank then contacts you to advise that the payment cheque was actually a very good fake and therefore the full money amount that you thought had cleared (and subsequently was paid by the bank into your account) becomes a debit against your account, resulting in you actually owing the FULL amount (normally a fair few thousand) to your bank.

You contact your "employers" to query this situation and "DING DONG!," it would appear that their e-mail addresses no longer work and you cannot contact them again...

Youy end up with a severe debt with an unforgiving bank and may also possibly get some grief from your local Police in regards to cashing fraudulent cheques.

Keep well away!

Hope that helps.
    "Part P" is not, and has never been, an accredited electrical qualification. It is a Building Regulation. No one can be "Part P qualified."

Forum posts are not legal advice; are for educational and discussion purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with a competent, qualified advisor.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    Options
    This phoney cheque scam is also being used to buy stuff on Ebay and other places. Say you are selling something for £2000, these crooks will send you a third-party cheque for something like £5000. They will ask you to pay for the goods with this cheque and send the balance of £3000 back to them.

As stated above, you pay this cheque into your bank, it appears to clear, you write your own cheque for £3000 and send it to them, along with the goods they have bought. A few weeks later their cheque bounces and you are left £3000 down, plus the £2000 for the goods you sent them.

This scam has been featured on the BBC Three Counties consumer programme a couple of times. They had a look at some of these cheque and they did, at first glance look OK. One, for instance, was a dividend cheque from Centrica, but it turned out to be a forgery.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Justicia
    Justicia Posts: 1,437 Forumite
    Options
    trisontana wrote:
    This phoney cheque scam is also being used to buy stuff on Ebay and other places.

Indeed. Anywhere that the scam can possibly work, they'll be there plying their "trade," even in local trade papers and such like :rolleyes:

Utter scum... :rolleyes: :mad:

Cheers trisontana :beer:
    "Part P" is not, and has never been, an accredited electrical qualification. It is a Building Regulation. No one can be "Part P qualified."

Forum posts are not legal advice; are for educational and discussion purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with a competent, qualified advisor.
  • BFG_2
    BFG_2 Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    Options
    They also do this on
    1. Samll family hotels - eg book 20 rooms for a fortnight, send cheque, then cancal and ask for balance (minus an admin fee - sweetend the deal for the hoteliers)
    2. Small operetta groups - eg I am rich and want you to perform at my daughters 18th party, again they book, send cheque and then cancel and ask for refund.
    3. Autotrader is prime territory for them
    4. Small travel agents

Scum
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    Options
    And they use some of their 'employees' to collect and pass on cash from fraudulent transactions http://www.banksafeonline.org.uk/moneymule_explained.html
  • Amba_Gambla
    Amba_Gambla Posts: 12,107 Forumite
    Options
    it's a well know 419 scammers fake bank.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure