"Odd job man" Insurance

I've looked at the links to business insurance companies via searching on this board, but they seem to require selection of a particular trade.

My husband is thinking of posting a few flyers around the neighbourhood, offering general domestic work, from gardening to decorating, car valeting etc., i.e. whatever the customer wishes to enquire about.

How can we find out what sort of public liability insurance cover he would need for this sort of enterprise? Also what Ins. company might quote him for this type of one-man-band operation?
:D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I would say that this is the kind of situation where an insurance broker is worth their weight in gold (even though you shouldn't have to pay them!) If there's nothing on this board, have you tried looking on the Insurance board?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • The guy in my village who does what your husband is thinking about got all the help and information he needed from the council's new business support service. Since starting up a couple of years ago he's never been short of work especially from retired people. Good luck
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Thanks both, those are very useful and helpful replies. We will follow them up. There are a lot of retired and/or widowed people around here, so hopefully he'll get some interest soon.

He's so soft he'll probably make no money at first, but at least he'll get his hand in before we extend beyond the immediate neighbourhood.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport