🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Bill Problems

Options
Hey, hope this is the right part of the forum.

Basically I'm a 2nd year student, moved into a house etc. But I'm pretty concerned with one of the bills, not that I have to pay it that's cool. However my name is on one of the bills with one of my housemates. Now this doesn't sound too bad but she has masses of debt even from the University itself, so I have no doubt she is blacklisted or in the process of being.

Basically, I'm worried from a selfish point of view that I have a chance of having financial difficulties for myself in the future because of this.

I never remember giving the gas company in question my consent to put me on the bill so I'm more than mythed at that. The only thing I think is my landlord did it, which I'm sure is illegal? No.

Therefore I'm going to ring them up and get the name either into mine or into hers ASAP. Basically I want to know at the moment I'm not in any financial implications because I have a bill with her? Apart from paying it of course.

Any help is appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family