We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Full and final settlement help thread

Options
1309310311312313315»

Comments

  • PurpleMouse5
    Options
    thanks     

  • tigergambit
    Options
    Chased Tesco up on their lack of response to my F&F 4 months previously: "Oh dear, that is very unusual, I will get it prioritised". 

    Week later no response so I try again: "We wrote to Payplan the day after your last call offering to settle at 60%" 

    Payplan hadn't been involved so I asked why they had done that.No explanation and I requested a copy of their letter which has not been forthcoming. Payplan now pushing hard for me to have a F&F IVA. I have never heard of this and shouldn't I wait for responses on CCA requests from July anyway?

    Think I will go self managed - I don't like Payplan pressing me to do an IVA which Tesco have already indicated they will shoot down and which involves creditors who haven't responded in over 5 months.
    I spoke to National Debtline regarding TESCO. Really lovely lady took time to go through a new SoA and look at my options. I shouldn't be considering an IVA. She was quite angry about TESCO's behaviour and persuaded me to submit a formal complaint which I have done.

    Some good news: New Day came up with a CCA and accepted an offer of 23% immediately, so £2310 written off there. Moorcroft  and Capital Resolve asking for yet more details, PRA still currently unenforceable. Still no response from Ikano 6 months on.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Sounds like Ikano aren't interested in getting their money back.
  • tigergambit
    Options
    fatbelly said:
    Sounds like Ikano aren't interested in getting their money back.
    No, strange bunch (they're the financial arm of IKEA). They did seem very disorganised when setting the loan up. Following the CCA request they cashed the P.O., credited it to  my account and then sent me a couple of standard letters saying they're going to default the account as I've suspended payments.

    They already defaulted it a year ago.    :s
  • Been following this thread for a few years now. Just want to thank all that have regularly commented.

    I did make the mistake of not letting the defaults occur before starting the DMP, but I made sure the DMP was minimal payments. Therefore within 6 months, everything was defaulted. I’ve carried on with the minimum payments and have recently received my first full & final offer. 60% off so only need to pay 40%, seems rather low so will offer half that amount and see where we go from there. 

    Any advice? 
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Just to remember that if they make an offer, it's an opening offer, and you counter with a lower one.

    I actually think it's better if you start the process
  • Thanks Fatbelly, it might be time for me to consider offering some F&F’s to all my creditors. When countering their offer, should that be completed through email or phone. Knowing I need to have it in writing before I make any payment.  

  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    When it comes to negotiation it can be easier by phone provided you are confident about what you are doing.

    As you say, get the final offer confirmed in writing
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards