We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Can't get on ebay

2

Comments

  • I've just been round the world on eBay, but I can't get any closer to home than Ireland!
  • Having more problems with some other sites, Some work perfectly others don't but a refresh sorts it out other than ebay

    MSN is now working for me. Ran all Spyware and Virus Scans and they are all clear.

    Ebay Im getting "Connection interuppted the document contains no data"

    Pain in the backside. I wonder whats up?
  • ashbart
    ashbart Posts: 465 Forumite
    Just found this on BT website:

    09 September 2008
    11:14 PM
    Network problem
    We are aware of a network problem which may be affecting access to the internet in certain areas. Our engineers are working to resolve the problem. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

    They also have about 6 reports from today in certain areas with problems that are being looked in to. My area isn't on there but, I'm guessing this is a nationwide problem???
    Official DFW Member 716 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,493 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Yes me too, Exact same problem. Cannot get Turbo lister to update or log into my account. I am bit worried as I have a expensive item ending today and its at the moment at a lower price than expected.

    Hopefully its just a ISP problem not ebay, who is your ISP? Mine is Sky and I was having problems with MSN aswell this morning.
    Just go onto ebay.com, sign in to my ebay and watch from there ;)

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,795 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ashbart wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble getting onto ebay today?? I've been able to get through once but, I keep getting an error message saying the web page is not available.

    Just wondering... Thanks!
    Me too. haven't been able to get in to ebay all day but just sold something so I thought it was just me. I am with BT so could be them :confused:
  • I can get on ebay but it seems slower than normal along with most other websites i have been on they are all slower than normal.
    I am with tiscali and thought it may be to do with them as i have already cleared my temp folder and done disc clean up etc.
  • Problems here too, couldn't get on this morning and just checked again all I can get is ther home page:mad: , won't let me into my account.
    DFW Nerd 410:T
    Proud to be dealing with our debts:j
  • Well I was beginning to think it was just me! I am with BT and Tiscali, I've been trying to make an Ebay payment via PayPal since yesterday and it wont go through. When I log into my Ebay that keeps crashing out on me too, annoying 'cos I need to start a dispute on an item I've not yet received. I have noticed some things running slow too.:cool:
  • I've been having problems since this morning. After a few minutes I'll get 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'. Been doing this for about 10 minutes now.

    thank goodness its not just me!
    Managed to get on ebay.co.uk a minute ago then it went off again. Ebay.com is fine
  • We are in France and can't get Ebay.co.uk this evening. So went onto Ebay.fr and left feedback for items purchased from Ebay.co.uk Thought it was a server problem but now think it must be a UK internet problem.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.