We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

DIY Disneyland Paris 3-6th Jan 06

Options
Can anyone help us (me, the wife and son (6 y.o.) plan a trip to disneyland paris

The plan is to travel down on tuesday 3rd from Middlesbrough, get the ferry Dover to Calais at around 1pm, and then drive to a travelodge type place somewhere very near the resort. we are then planning on going to disneyland for two days on the wednesday 4th and thursday 5th before driving back home on friday 6th.

Petrol isnt a problem as i can get company miles for it so i think all we need is somewhere to stay (suggestions please, preferably with a supermarket near it) a link to a cheap ferry and if there is any cheap places to get tickets for the two days - the best ive thought of at the moment s to buy 3 day passes instead of two (costs around an extra £10) and then sell the remaining day for each of the passes on ebay for ~£25 each to make a small saving overall. Is there anything id forgot or that i need to do to my car to allow it to drive in france (apart from the GB sticker!)

Comments

• https://www.speedferries.co.uk

you will also need beam deflectors for your headlights a fire extinguisher, red triangle and I'm not sure about this but hi vis waistcoats for each person in the car
    I haven't got one!
  • http://www.villages-hotel.com/reservation/fiche.php?i_sid=1216605166&i_lang=44&i_id=6963&i_carte=1

also this hotel is 15 minute drive to Disney. We have stayed in these many times and they are always clean. You can pay about an extra £2.80 for breakfast. Book online, secure with credit card, pay when you arrive, cancel up to 7pm the day you arrive. Can't go wrong really
    I haven't got one!
  • bhafc810
    Options
    Try ledger holidays

I went there 2 years ago same time as u, cost us £52 per adult & child free for 2 days in Eurodisney hotel, 1 day ticket to the theme park each & ferry over to france - all included.

They may have special offers on for this time of year again or ask travelman to see what he can come up with
    Back comping Nov 2021

Wins
    3 pens
    £10 Odeon Cinema Voucher
  • TimC
    Options
    cheekymole wrote:
    https://www.speedferries.co.uk

you will also need beam deflectors for your headlights a fire extinguisher, red triangle and I'm not sure about this but hi vis waistcoats for each person in the car
    According to http://www.rac.co.uk/web/travelservices/european_motoring_advisor/ (select France) only headlamp converters are compulsory. The following are recommended in addition to registration document, licence and insurance:
    • Spare bulbs
    • A fire extinguisher
    • A first aid kit
    • A warning triangle
    Reflective jackets are compulsory in Austria, Spain, Portugal and Italy. Also a useful grid at http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/overseas/compulsory_equipment.html

Your list had me worried, as I didn't carry an extinguisher nor jackets, so that prompted me to check!
  • cheekymole
    Options
    Sorry about that Tim C but as we go on a regular basis, we always carry everything with us although I thought the warning triangle was compulsory
    I haven't got one!
  • have you thought about going on a package say with cresta, ledger etc as usually one child goes free for every paying adult during jan-mar. Also bear in mind the cost of road tolls to Paris and the daily parking charge at Disney. You might find that the cost of diy isn't as cheap as you think. the packages do include a self drive option as well as coach etc
  • when you say free kids does that mean for 2 full paying adults we'd be able to get a room for 2 adults and 2 kids and also the entrance tickets for the adults and kids are included aswell - if we did that we could take my neice aswell who's 8, im sure she'd enjoy it too!
  • jamesh
    Options
    gravy173 wrote:
    when you say free kids does that mean for 2 full paying adults we'd be able to get a room for 2 adults and 2 kids and also the entrance tickets for the adults and kids are included aswell - if we did that we could take my neice aswell who's 8, im sure she'd enjoy it too!

It would be but I'm not sure if your dates are included in the offer.

They tend to be School dates rather then the holidays when the parks are quieter and they need the visitors.

EDIT: I have found that the offer for free kids places starts on 8th Jan - March You can also get an extra night free on some dates in Jan. All depends on if you can pull the kids from School and also work etc. The park will be deserted midweek in Jan so no waiting.

If you do decide to take advantage of one of these offers I'd recommend the Hotel Cheyenne its slightly closer to the park then the cheapers Santa Fe and the themeing is much much nicer.
  • cosyc
    Options
    Have you thought of North sea ferries Hull to Zeebrugge. It avoids all those long hours in the car with the kids, 2 hours to Hull, overnight ferry to Zeebrugge about 3 hours drive arrive before lunch.

Depending on the age of the kids, an adventure in it's self, bunk beds in a cabin, disco, kids entertainment and not much more than dover.

Same going home morning round the hiper markets, afternoon in brugge, ferry tea time, overnight back home in Middlesborough by 10.00 to 10.30.
  • cosyc
    Options
    Forgot to mention, buy tickets in disney store before you go then it saves the quenes when you get there. You can then be in as soon as the park opens.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport