We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

income support and bettering myself- please help x

Options
2»

Comments

• chinesedeli
    Options
    thankyou for your help. I don't believe what has happened I just dont know why I cant get any luck.
    I have just been looking at applying for an acess to higher education course and have just opened a letter from the jobcentre saying that there is a problem applying for income support as they have noticed that i received working tax credits and they want either payslips or my p45! I just cant handle this anymore. I was going to go back to work but because my partner has gone into prison I cant. What do I do please help.
  • chinesedeli
    Options
    please can anyone advise me x
  • 98sidney
    Options
    thankyou for your help. I don't believe what has happened I just dont know why I cant get any luck.
    I have just been looking at applying for an acess to higher education course and have just opened a letter from the jobcentre saying that there is a problem applying for income support as they have noticed that i received working tax credits and they want either payslips or my p45! I just cant handle this anymore. I was going to go back to work but because my partner has gone into prison I cant. What do I do please help.

Hi Just a suggestion, you might get a quicker answer if you post that query on the bad mothers thread..
    ♥♥♥Life is too short to wake up with regrets ♥ So love the people who treat you right. ♥ Forget about the one’s who don’t ♥ Believe everything happens for a reason ♥ If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands ♥ If it changes your life, let it ♥ Nobody said life would be easy, they just promise it would be worth it ♥
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    If you are getting working tax credits you should be working over 16 hours and this means you would not be entitled to income support. Do you still work over 16 hours or have your hours dropped below 16 which then means you wouldn't be entitled to wtc. Can you give more details?
  • chinesedeli
    Options
    Hiya no I havent been working at all for the past year. I have a ten month old baby and was on mat leave but payments stopped quite a few months ago. I was going to go back to work but can not now as my partner is in prison as of last week. I did get some payments of working tax credits but when i started the ball rolling on claiming income support i did say that i may have been over paid as my partner was the one who used to deal with all these things. please help me i really dont know what to do- my situation is just getting worse all of the time and I currently feel like i am grieving for my partner also x
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    have you informed tax credits you are not returning to work?

You will have to supply the JC with what they ask for.

Good luck!
  • chinesedeli
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all of your help and support, I get stressed out sometimes and I know that I shouldnt- I have thanked everyone on here.
    I am in the process of getting my P45 and I am also looking at doing 2 GCSE's Part-time. Does anyone know if I would have to pay anything towards these courses and what sort of financial help there is for childcare? I am so greatful for any info- and I love to hear other people's experiences x
  • Oldernotwiser
    Options
    If you're on means tested benefits you shouldn't have to pay tuition fees and MAY get some help with the exam fees and childcare. Speak to Student Services at the college.
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    Finacial help for childcare will depend on what the colleges access to learning fund is like. My college paid my full childcare for both my dds for a full year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure