🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Child Care

Options
I get help with my childcare through tax credits .I have been paying £100 per week i rang tax credits to tell them that my tax credits will be reducing to £45 per week as from next week and the person who i spoke to said he will have to pass my details to another department as he thinks as childcare is paid in 4 week blocks (this is what he told me ) i may still get the £100 for 4 weeks even though i am only paying £45 . I dont want them to overpay me then take it back but he seemed to think that i wont have to pay it back ,this cant be right can it ?

Comments

• Daisydoll
    Options
    I just did the same thing and I was told they automatically pay you 4 more weeks before it drops!
    DFW no.630!
  • You are paid the higher cost for 4 additional weeks. Don't worry this is normal.
  • kurjam
    kurjam Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    Options
    thanks, i rang them monday as my childcare dropped by £85 a week on sept 1st but they told me it will continue to be paid at the old rate, and a new award notice will be issued 4 weeks after that date, i too was worried, but you have now put my mind at rest !!
  • kurjam
    kurjam Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    Options
    kurjam wrote: »
    thanks, i rang them monday as my childcare dropped by £85 a week on sept 1st but they told me it will continue to be paid at the old rate, and a new award notice will be issued 4 weeks after that date, i too was worried, but you have now put my mind at rest !!

i changed childcare provider as you can see above i reduced my fees. just got an award notice and they tax credit lady as put my childcare down as £14 aweek instead of £145.....(so the tax credit man told me, even though my award notice still shows the old rate...)
    they started the new childcare provider on sept 8th so have been told i have to ring back on sept 22nd to change it to £145...is this right ???as they can only make changes 7 days in advance .....
    i am still being paid for the old childcare provider as they left there on sept 5th, and stil l get 4 weeks at the old provider...
    but my payments will drop by over £100 a week because they have put in £14 instead of £145......
  • Yes, they can only update the change a week in advance. The week should be enough time for the system to correct the figure and not reduce your payments too drastically.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport