New Post Advanced Search

Our first joint bank account

1 reply 621 views
andysonofbobandysonofbob Forumite
1 posts
Hello there,

My misses wishes to start a joint bank account. I am pretty useless at money matters so this may seem like a stupid question.

I like the look of the A&L online saver account; can we open it as a joint account or does it have to be in a single name? AND, for when the bonus period expires, is whatever the answer happens to be the norm for most accounts?

Many thanks in advance

Andy

Replies

• Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    42.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most accounts can be opened as either a joint account or in a sole name. With a joint account, you can usually have either person to sign, or both signatures required.

I can't give a specific answer to the A&L question.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support