help with tax credits appeal turned down

Options
Hi is there anyone that can can give me a little bit of advise?

I have worked in the same place for the last 5.5 years. In that time there has been a change of ownership 3 times. My job has not altered in that time.

Last year I rang them up and said that I will be doing more hours temporarily as my new boss had more work for me to do. I was told that they could not make a new claim on temporary hours I had to call them back when my hours went back to normal.

They never went back to normal, when i had renewal forms I pointed out to them i was working 30+ hours and not the 20 they had me down for refereed them to my call about this the previous year.

The outcome was I had my WTC stopped from April to end of Jan which resulted in an overpayment of just under £2000.

I appealed and have heard today that I have lost as I delayed in telling them about the change in circumstances. I did not delay I told them the previous year.

I rang the office this morning but they could not tell me much as their systems were down to ring back next week.

I originally put this on a sticky at the top, but had no replies so I thought I would start a new thread.

Comments

• julesmum23
    Options
    Anyone?

Please
  • alison999
    alison999 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    Options
    julesmum23 wrote: »
    I had to call them back when my hours went back to normal.

They never went back to normal, .

then you were working 30+ hours and should of told them. you could've just rang them when your hours went back down? when ive called tc's they told me to give them my average hours (sometimes i work one day less).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure