We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

tesco.com

Options
Has anyone else had this problem? Frequently, when I order buy one get one free items, they send one and claim the other one is out of stock. So you get charged full price for one, and they don't send you the free one! Coincidentally, they are never both out of stock - they always have enough stock to send and charge you for one. It's bloody irritating! Often this happens if you choose two different flavours of something, even though both are included in the offer. Surely common sense would dictate that you would rather have the free one, even if it was in a different flavour to what you specified!

Oh well, at least they give you refunds without too much hassle when you ask. It works out well, because after the refund it effectively makes it a 'buy 0 get 1 free' offer!!

Comments

• Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Lord, I didn't know they did this! I'm not surprised that the other item is out of stock, I often go to Tesco and find that there is only one item left if there is a BOGOF on. They should definitely give you the option of having something else or maybe getting the item for half-price.
  • Stiverton
    Options
    Yes it's happened to me. What I do now however with multibuy offer items is to 'Write Note' for the item saying: "BOGOF, so 2 or none Thanks". This seems to have solved it for me, for now, but also creates a basis for successful arguing with 'Customer Service' if need be.
  • Mark7799
    Mark7799 Posts: 4,806 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure how it works on line (above situation has never happened to me - yet) but in store, I've had 'credit' notes allowing me to buy the missing product at sale prices e.g. wine £3.99 per bottle, 3 bottles for £10 - only two left, get a note allowing me to get the third bottle at £2.02 on my next visit. Got it by asking at customer services.
    Gwlad heb iaith, gwlad heb galon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family