We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Carole Nash ins

Options
I had a quote off them over the phone,but it was to high,so i tells him i can get it cheaper and he replies"Hold on a min,i will just speak to someone to see if i can better it".

This was after i said i can get it cheaper, but the excess is £500 which i do not want an excess that high.

He comes back with it £70 cheaper,with a £250 excess,and also says i can ride other vechiles on the policy,so i had it.

Policy arrives today,not stated on policy to ride other vechiles,which it should do,and the excess is £500.well peed off.If i cancel they can charge an admin fee,but surely i have grounds here for a full refund,lying to me basically!

Will be ringing tuesday to see what they are going to do.
Rant over!

Comments

• olly_2
    olly_2 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Spoke today,and was told that riding other bikes will be included and that the excess will be changed to £250.
    Im sure they try it on,and if you do not go over your policy after taking it out over the phone,theres a chance they will get away with it!

Lets hope the new paperwork arrives with all the info in proper order.
  • mike_the_bike_2
    Options
    used to be an excellent company started by one "Carole Nash" who is now retired after making a fortune..She now seems to spend most of her time attending motorcycle shows to present and receive awards and putting on a big cheezy smile for pictures that appear in the motorcycle comics...

They are now a large company and she has nothing to do with the day to day running of it..When you get a quote from them just simply knock around 40% off what they have quoted and tell them you have received a better quote from a competitor...They will then do the old "I will speak to a supervisor to see what we can do" routine..Invariably they will match or come up with a quote very near...They have pulled the rapidly changing "Excess" on me...When the letter arrives with the excess different to the telephone conversation, simply tell them to retrieve the tape of the phone call as they are obliged to keep this as being a member of the British Association of insurers..They will then do the "supervisor thing" again and then quickly agree to the telephone call quoted excess...

Apart from that they are ok but there again all I've ever done is paid them premiums and never made a claim in 15 years of dealing with them!
    The Early bird may catch the worm ...but its the second mouse that gets all the cheese!
  • RightRevBod
    Options
    For 2 year running, I got good quotes from Carole Nash, which I took up. Both times when the policy arrived, it was not for the cover that I requested. So both times I cancelled the policy and went elsewhere (Direct Choice).

Now I do not bother even phoning Carole Nash.
    [size=-2] If this post was unhelpful, please tell me.
    If it was helpful, please tell everyone - Press the [highlight]Thanks[/highlight] button!
    [/size]
  • olly_2
    olly_2 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Received the new docs today,with both details changed,with no hassle from the customer service.
    Its a liitle concerning that they do this,and peed me off at the time,but then again MCE did it to me,but realised to late,as i did not go over me cover when the docs arrived last year,that i could not ride other bikes,after been told over the phone i could.

Was riding friends bike a couple of times on rideouts,just good nothing did happen!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport