Splash Prepay Card

Options
Anyone else been emailed about these prepay debit cards?

I deleted it the first couple of times i got it, but then i thought it might be safer for internet use. I don't have (or want, and probably couldn't get) a credit card at the moment, so would this be safer than a credit card?

Sorry if this has already been posted, I couldn't see a thread...

Twirly x

http://www.splashplastic.com
saving up another deposit as we've lost all our equity.
We're 29% of the way there...

Comments

• Thailand
    Thailand Posts: 569 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have one, just keep on top of the fees (they are in the T&C's on the site. You can manage your money online, too. Bread is better because you can load it for free. Don't know if they offer cashback anymore, but in any case they won't pay up (Splash).

Might want to edit that link TP, I thinks it's a referal (affiliate window?)
  • twirlypinky
    twirlypinky Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Options
    I've edited it, thanks.

I'll look into it a little more now i can see that no one recoiled in horror at the suggestion. I'm looking for a safer way to pay online than using my debit card, and this could be it. Thanks.

Twirly x
    saving up another deposit as we've lost all our equity.
    We're 29% of the way there...
  • kiwifruit_2
    kiwifruit_2 Posts: 4,760 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thailand wrote: »
    I have one, just keep on top of the fees (they are in the T&C's on the site. You can manage your money online, too. Bread is better because you can load it for free. Don't know if they offer cashback anymore, but in any case they won't pay up (Splash).

Might want to edit that link TP, I thinks it's a referal (affiliate window?)

Thailand - when you refer to 'Bread', is that another prepay card???
    'Normal' is a dryer setting.
  • Thailand
    Thailand Posts: 569 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes - much the same as Splash - But free loading at the Post Office (not instant - about 2 days). Instant loading at a PayPoint costs about 3% or min 50p. Check the T&C's on either site.

There are loads of prepay cards out there, have a look about. Quidco usually have cashback going on them (But again, if they do, Splash will con you and not pay it!)

I also have a Sun Tuxedo prepay Mastercard which I use alot. (£5 cashback...just checked on Quidco)

As with all these cards, check the load costs and T&C's and the cost of the card itself can vary.

You can also pay in wages, and payments via bank transfer. (free for those I think, but don't quote me on it)
  • kiwifruit_2
    kiwifruit_2 Posts: 4,760 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that Thailand. Ive been looking for something like this to use, instead of sending cash to a youngster back in NZ. Hes 13 now, and wants cash for Christmas and birthdays lol but im loath to send cash in an envelope. I just have to find one that will suit I guess - thanks for the info :)
    'Normal' is a dryer setting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport