IGT Tariff - EDF

Options
Hi,

I just received a letter from EDF that they are going to charge IGT charges of around £40 per annum for all their dual fuel customers who are receiving gas through Independent Transport companies. They have attributed the rise to the rising costs of natural resources.

Also they have increased their first slab (up to 2680 KWH/Annum) to 7p/kwh and second slab (After 2680 KWH/Annum) to around 3.1p/kwh.

Any idea who other than EDF provides tariff without this IGT charges.

Comments

• missterial
    Options
    I was told the charge is based on your location rather than your supplier or tariff, so you will not be able to avoid it. It has something to do with your MPAN (or so the gentleman told me when I asked him).
    Why do I always find men so hard?
  • Joyful
    Joyful Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    British Gas do not charge extra for IGT customers.
    If anyone's Meter Point Refernce Number starts with 74 or 75 it means that the builders took the cheap option for installing the gas supply to your property. Most companies will charge a premium.
    Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs
  • brysiewysie
    Options
    Eons guarantee product doesn't charge it because it matches the fact that BG don't charge it. All their other rates do charge it.
  • cks333
    Options
    I just checked the BG & EON websites. BG charges 7.56 for Tier1 and 3.82 for Tier2. I think they are charging a higher price for IGT ppl. I mean Hidden costs.

How about Not for profit organisation like Ebico ? Any ideas.
  • SwanJon
    SwanJon Posts: 2,333 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    As far as I am aware, Ebico, british Gas & SSE do not charge extra for being on an IGT network. Don't know about UW, or other smaller ones.

http://www.energywatch.org.uk/uploads/Why_are_consumers_on_Independent_Gas_Transporter_Networks_Losing_Out.pdf
  • lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Joyful wrote: »
    British Gas do not charge extra for IGT customers.
    If anyone's Meter Point Refernce Number starts with 74 or 75 it means that the builders took the cheap option for installing the gas supply to your property. Most companies will charge a premium.

starting with 74 or 75 merely indicates that it is an igt but not all homes that have igt's have mprn numbers starting with 74 or 75.
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • SwanJon
    SwanJon Posts: 2,333 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    lemontart wrote: »
    starting with 74 or 75 merely indicates that it is an igt but not all homes that have igt's have mprn numbers starting with 74 or 75.
    I've not heard that. I thought that that was done so they could be identified easily.
    Which IGT uses other numbers?
  • lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    Options
    SwanJon wrote: »
    I've not heard that. I thought that that was done so they could be identified easily.
    Which IGT uses other numbers?

the numbers are mere idicatiors that have been used and do not necessarily id the igt most of those who have igts do not have and identifying number at the start of the mrpn. Mrpn are acutally generated by the suppliers and as far as I am aware most do not do his little trick to id igt's to properties.

Liz
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • fossman
    fossman Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    Just got back off holiday and have read the price increase letter.

As you say hidden on the back under the price increases is the IGT charge "you will now be charged an additional 11.5p per day (inc VAT)".

Glad my switch is going through to British Gas in a couple of days.
    Cashback earned
    Quidco : £858 :)
    Pigsback : £20 and a Beatles CD.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills