Help!! Giro needed!

Options
Hi, due to me getting confused, I spent some money that was in my bank account only to find today i'm overdrawn, so no doubt will have a charge too. Basically my next benefits payments will be eaten by the charges & I need the money urgently. Am I likely to be able to request a one off payment by Giro? It's for Incapacity Benefit

Comments

• zappster1966
    Options
    Yep, you can, although they might get snotty about it. I'd tell them that your account is closed & that you need paid by giro until you open a new account ... once things with the bank are sorted just phone JC+ back and give them the same bank details again.

Make sure they've got the right address & post office for your giro too !
  • notlongnow_2
    Options
    Wow....think ill ask work for a giro instead of paying it into my account, that way I can spend what I want..lol

Good luck.
    May £10 a day challenge
    £19.61/£310
    Ebay challenge...£12.61/£200
  • UKTigerlily
    Options
    in a queue to speak to them right now! Thanks both. The bank helpfully said to call back on Monday & they can then tell me if any charges have been added, but i'm sure they'll manage to add one or more. Got an appointment to open a Readycash account but not till Monday, so anything going into this bank will disappear! Ah well crossing everything that they'll pay me by Giro & on time!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure