We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

How to mortgage the un-mortgable-able

Options
2»

Comments

• toonfish
    toonfish Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Options
    TMB would have lent on this under their House to House product, possibly BM Solutions would still do it if they are sticking to the original criteria.

2 kitchens may be required for religious reasons, if one of the purchaser was Muslim for example and needed a separate area for food preparation
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.

• cem
    cem Posts: 391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good point toonfish - Although property is rented out at the moment there is nothing to stop anyone telling the valuer about two kitchens about relegious ground (if they exist that is!)

To be honest I don't think any one would lend on it as it is, 1 kitchen will have to come out...But...as above

I am still not sure whether valuers put on their reports what needs to be changed before they lend or do they simply tell you why valuation has failed?

Subtle difference between the two, as one is a written confirmation they will lend subject to x,y,z changes and one is that they simply won't lend..

C'mon guys...help!!
  • toonfish
    toonfish Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Options
    cem wrote: »
    Good point toonfish - Although property is rented out at the moment there is nothing to stop anyone telling the valuer about two kitchens about relegious ground (if they exist that is!)

To be honest I don't think any one would lend on it as it is, 1 kitchen will have to come out...But...as above

I am still not sure whether valuers put on their reports what needs to be changed before they lend or do they simply tell you why valuation has failed?

Subtle difference between the two, as one is a written confirmation they will lend subject to x,y,z changes and one is that they simply won't lend..

C'mon guys...help!!

as I said, if BM are followng the old TMB criteria they would do it either as a "self build" or a House to House buy to let
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport