Halifax faster payments

Options
I'm confused!

I thought Halifax was now fully rolled out with faster payments but I've a standing order go from my Halifax account to my Natwest account on Friday for £300 and its not cleared yet?

Am I imagining the fact it should be within the two hours transfer time now?

Sam
"You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "

Comments

• LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    From the Halifax website:

"During August, we will start sending some standing orders and bill payments from your HBOS bank account through the new Faster Payments Service. As a result, payments may arrive in the receiving account on the same day they leave your account. You don’t need to do anything to send your standing orders or bill payments faster; we will do this automatically.

"By the end of September, most payments will be sent by the Faster Payments Service. Where the receiving bank does not offer this service the payment could still take up to three bank working days.

"During September you will be able to make Immediate Faster Payments from your HBOS bank account. Payments sent to accounts held with other banks (that also provide this service) will arrive within two hours, and many will arrive in just seconds. Where the receiving bank does not offer this service the payment could still take up to three bank working days."

So it is not until the end of the month that you can expect even most SOs to be by the FP method.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure