Can i reclaim solicitors fees

Options
Hi

I recently had an application in to let a property but my application was rejected as it was found that i had a CCJ registered against me, i was completely unaware of this. After much investigation i found that the CCJ was due to an overpayment of wages by my previous employer however they had been trying to contact me at my previous address. I had moved out of that house at the same time as i stopped working for them so obviously i didnt know they were chasing me for money. The situation dragged on for so long that they had to involve their solicitors who have put on almost £600 in fees.
As i need the house application to go through i paid the money owed to my previous employer and settled the bill with their solicitor. I have had the CCJ set aside and the house application has gone through. However i feel it is unfair that i have had to fork out £600 in fees when i was unaware they were chasing me. They have my mobile number and my email address on file but didnt try to contact me that way. Is there any way i can get some or all of these fees refunded?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport