Are Nationwide good...

Options
i just got myself a debit card and an ISA account with nationwide and i would just like dto know if they are any good, i been with tem ever since i was like 12.. and i dont know much about banks.

Comments

• cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    They are quite good - especially if you want to withdraw money abroad because they do not charge extra fees
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, the free overseas use is a huge bonus. The interest rates on the account are pretty good as well.

I also find the level of customer service good. The customer service line is open 24 hours, and I always find the staff polite and helpful.

I haven't had many problems with day-to-day running of the account, although recently I sent them a message (via the Internet service) about some problems with the account and the fact that customer services had failed to call me back as arranged. They replied with a letter containing a detailed explanation of what had happened with the account, an apology for not contacting me, and a credit to my account to compensate for my inconvenience. So they do mess up from time to time, but they also seem to care about providing a good service and keeping their customers happy.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • RayWolfe
    RayWolfe Posts: 3,045 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    One of the better Banks/Building Societies.
    Of course they have problems from time to time but if you look on this site, for example, there are few reported issues particularly considering their size. Additionally. the spread of their branch network means that human help is never far away.
  • metrobus
    metrobus Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    IMVHO they are in the top 3
  • Chadsman
    Chadsman Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have had my main current account with them for ten years and have had very few problems.
    God save the King!
    I'll save Winston Churchill, Jane Austen, J. M. W. Turner and Alan Turing.
  • Megalomaniac
    Options
    Could do with them having faster payments, but other than that, I have no problem with them at all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure