Ulster Bank Current Account

Options
My 18 year old had a step account with UB with a cash machine card. She asked if she coudl get a debit card and they said yes a Solo card. She then rnag ( after talking to em ) and arranaged an appointment to open a current accoun on the understanding it would be a debit card she recieved, she was also offered a Credit Card which was accepted.

Now today her "debit card" arrived and it is a Solo!!! what was teh point of her changing accounts when they gave her the same card she could have on step account anyway :confused:

She has had step account for a year, her salary goes in , her DD for car insurance goes out. If they had explained it would be a Solo she could ahve just stayed with step account instead of having to change her salary and DD to new account. She rang branch and they said it was becasue she did not want overdraft or cheque book she did not get a Servicecard which has a full debit card with it. Seems silly to me when they have given her a Credit card.

Does anyone know do Ulsterbank/Natwest upgrade cards if account run ok for a few months? Seems this will eb her only option with that or change to another bank that will give her a proper debit card.
TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T

Comments

• cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    Northern Irish banks are a law onto themselves really. Its unbelievable that you still have to make an appointment to open or change an account instead of being able to do it online.

I wouldn't be surprised they made her open a new account to help reach sales targets. Its probably the same reason they offered a credit card at the same time.
  • doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cifpower wrote: »
    Northern Irish banks are a law onto themselves really. Its unbelievable that you still have to make an appointment to open or change an account instead of being able to do it online.

I wouldn't be surprised they made her open a new account to help reach sales targets. Its probably the same reason they offered a credit card at the same time.

lol she could have opened itonline ot by phone but branch a minute away so thought it was easier to opening it face to face.

I do agree about the sales targets though, seems a bit pointless to change the account :confused:
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport