Atlantic Gas & Electric website security

Options
ads677
ads677 Posts: 15 Forumite
Having signed up for paperless billing with Atlantic I get an e-mail informing me that a new bill has been raised. However, when I click on the link, I get an 'Invalid Security Certificate' warning. I am reluctant to provide my log-in details because this may be a spoof site.

Anyone know anything about this and what I should do? Atlantic over the 'phone were of no use!

Comments

• notbritishgas
    Options
    ads677 wrote: »
    Having signed up for paperless billing with Atlantic I get an e-mail informing me that a new bill has been raised. However, when I click on the link, I get an 'Invalid Security Certificate' warning. I am reluctant to provide my log-in details because this may be a spoof site.

Anyone know anything about this and what I should do? Atlantic over the 'phone were of no use!
    Ignore the link and log into your account via the Atlantic website, you should be safe then.
  • ads677
    ads677 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that tip. But, tried it and as soon as I attempt to log in I get the same warning, ie that there is a problem with the website's security certificate. Surely a company the size of Atlantic MUST keep their security certificates up to date.

Anyone else had the same problems?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport