Lloyds TSB - Weekly Text Messages

Options
I think Lloyds are a great bank, however one complaint I do have about them is their weekly text message service that texts you your bank balance on your chosen day.

It's a great idea, but it tells you your Account Ballance and not your Available Balance. I don't want to know my Account Balance, I was to know my Available Balance.

It wouldn't be hard to add this next to your Account Balance in the text message.

Does any one else who uses this service feel the same way?. :)

Comments

• Paul_Herring
    Options
    Your true 'available balance' is whatever LTSB have calculated the current balance to be, plus over draft, minus stuff you've paid for that haven't reached LTSB, plus stuff you've deposited that aren't in the figure above.

In other words, they can't give you it.

If you're actually relying on LTSB to tell you what they think your balance should be rather than working it out and knowing what it should be, you have problems awaiting you.
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    To be fair. I don't use my Lloyds account that much but it does make me get up on a Friday morning (its my alarm haha) :beer: and it is nice to know my balance, which HSBC did that!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure