victoria - Gatwick??????

Options
:confused: Can anyone suggest ways of getting to gatwick from Victoria.
Gatwick express is a possibility, but cost £22.00 return.My flight is at 7.30am on saturday. I am not sure if the National express start service that early. Please help

Comments

• Liverbird
    Liverbird Posts: 3,130 Forumite
    Options
    Try searching Nat Express website

http://www.nationalexpress.com/
  • Jim_B_3
    Jim_B_3 Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    Southern Trains operate a 24hr stopping service from Victoria to Gatwick; travel time is about 35 minutes. They leave every 15 minutes during the day, and every hour between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m. ; I'll leave it to you to work out exactly what time you leave Victoria, but it'll cost 18 pounds for an adult return.

All the details are here: http://www.southernrailway.com/main.php?page_id=93

If you travel by national express, and want to arrive before 0810, which I expect you do, you'll have to leave Victoria coach station either the previous day or at 0330 (that's half-past three in the morning, for those of you who don't know there's a three o'clock in the morning as well). However, booking ahead on the website, an adult return on that will cost you about 12 pounds.

<Edited to add National Express info.>
  • wanderer
    Options
    Thanks for the info
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi
    There is a train at 5.00 from Victoria, arriving at 5.35. Get a single fare, which is £9.00, as there are restrictions on some return fares.
    Hope that this helps.
  • pin
    pin Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The 24 hour service is very good. I use it quite a lot add odd hours. The trains are normally pretty full. It is a mix of early bird flyers (like yourself) and merry people (like me) after a night out.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi
  • wanderer
    Options
    Thanks all. Would any of you know about the 24 hour bus services? I heard there is one from fulham road to gatwick. I called the London transport. but got no clear info. It is difficult to check on line without knowing the bus no.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure