Bridget Jones's Debt Diary

Options
2»

Comments

• PoorPrincess
    Options
    Hi Bridget,

Your aim of your diary is sooo like mine, takeaways are the thing that i still find the hardest to say no to. Ive managed to start taking lunches to work n cutting down on snacks at work but a £4 curry is just too hard of a temptation to pass up sometimes!!

Good Luck with your diary

Princess

x
    Newly Married:rotfl:, Soon to be qualified:T, Things are looking UP, Just need to get this debt DOWN
    Credit Card Debt 07/02/2013 - £3965
    Loan 07/02/2013 -
    Wedding Debt 07/02/2013 - £1243
    Owed to Parents 07/02/2013 - £5495
  • BridgetJones_2
    Options
    Hi Bridget,

Your aim of your diary is sooo like mine, takeaways are the thing that i still find the hardest to say no to. Ive managed to start taking lunches to work n cutting down on snacks at work but a £4 curry is just too hard of a temptation to pass up sometimes!!

Good Luck with your diary

Princess

x

Thanks Princess :D It's going really well so far. I haven't had any takeaways for a week and half although I may have a chinese tonight if I can talk the OH into paying for it!! I need a break from all the pasta we're consuming!!

Another goodish day, chicken soup for lunch (49p) and lots of free hot chocolate- woohoo!! I have stocked up on all the rabbits stuff but have bought in bulk online rather than my weekly trips to Pets At Home. Might mean I spend a bit now but works out at half the price in the long run.
    The only thing worse than smug married couple; lots of smug married couples.
  • BridgetJones_2
    Options
    NSD - horrah!!

Spent the day tidying and ebaying. Made £98 from the Nintendo DS. :dance:
  • BridgetJones_2
    Options
    I bought a burger king for lunch today...had severe monday blues :(. I really need to find a job that doesn't annoy me quite so much.

Plus I've just realised that my MOT, tax and insurance are all due at the end of the month. Grrrrr!!!! :(:(:( Hopefully nothing awful crops up in the MOT. Plan to pay for it all in one go then it's done with for another year.
  • BridgetJones_2
    Options
    Back on the net :j

£129 for MOT & service then they said there were random problems none of which I believe but I paid the extra £80 because I needed it MOTed that day. However no one I work with will be using them again after my company wide email about their questionable invoice. Revenge is sweet.

Anyway other than that things have been OK, I haven't spent much at all this month and it's been a tight one so quite pleased. Mr Darcy has agreed to sell the Wii & all the things that go along with it so hoping for £350 which we're going to split 50/50. He's also getting his deposit back on his old house (he moved out in February :eek: Long story...) so he'll be paying me back the money he owes. Hurrah :T

We made quite an important decision this week, we're moving out of Berkshire & back to Kent. It's cheaper commuting costs for Mr Darcy, over £1k less a year!!!! I'll just have to find a new job, my current job pays well but is so boring it's actually making me ill so I can't wait to leave!!! Plus house prices in Kent are lower than Reading so it will be easier getting on the housing ladder (once the debts are paid off obviously!)

Ooo long post...back to my beautiful budgeting spreadsheet! :rotfl:
  • thepinklady
    Options
    Hiya BridgetJones :D

I started reading your diary when you first posted so subscribed to it because it sounded so like me :p , i kept on meaning to reply but never found time. Just seen you are moving back to Kent, this is sounding even more like me too because my OH and I are moving back to Kent in November too.

Well done on all your hard work so far, you are doing great. I found it so hard at first to budget, now i always think about items so carefully before buying anything.

Keep up the good work.
    Hayleyx
  • BridgetJones_2
    Options
    Hiya BridgetJones :D

I started reading your diary when you first posted so subscribed to it because it sounded so like me :p , i kept on meaning to reply but never found time. Just seen you are moving back to Kent, this is sounding even more like me too because my OH and I are moving back to Kent in November too.

Well done on all your hard work so far, you are doing great. I found it so hard at first to budget, now i always think about items so carefully before buying anything.

Keep up the good work.
    Hayleyx

Thanks Hayley! I've become a little obsessed by budgeting though, I have 3 different spreadsheets...colour coded and everything! What a sado! Hey hum Mr Darcy won't be complaining when we're debt free!

We're planning to move back to Kent start of next year, renting is quite a bit cheaper than Reading so it's really going to help the debt busting.

The hardest thing so far has been sticking to the food in the cupboards rather than going out for a bite or a takeaway plus I've become a bit of a recluse. Turned down another night out today. My friends don't seem to understand that paying off my debts is more important that a few bevvies at the moment. They even offer me £30 loans for the night...hmm that's not going to help!!

Good luck to you!!
  • BridgetJones_2
    Options
    I did something a bit daft and spent £42 on Clinique goodies...I'm a bad person!! That's my treat of the month so the rest of my pennies are going towards the Amazon CC.

Work is still dragging me down. But it's giving me more motivation to pay off the debts, instead of sitting at my desk bored out of my skull I'm putting together a business plan. So the sooner my debts are paid off the sooner I can set it up. Working for fat cats is not for me...unless I'm the fatcat.

Oo and I've not spent any money at lunch! I bought some soups & a ton of fruit so I've saving a stack there...I just need to be weened off fancy moisterisers now!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure