Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Changing Mobile Networks

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Techie Stuff
3 replies 1.4K views
KazzyTIKazzyTI Forumite
9 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Techie Stuff
Hi all, first time poster. :)

I'm currently on a Pay as you go tariff with the mobile network O2 but I would like to move to Orange. Is there any way I would be able to keep my current number? I've looked on the Orange website but they only give answers for contract phones.

I'd like to keep the number as I'm studying at a university miles away from home and changing it, while financially helpful, would be problematic in getting everyone a new number.

Replies

• BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just ring up O2 and ask for a PAC code , suppy that to orange and they will "port" your number over to their network
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
  • KazzyTIKazzyTI Forumite
    9 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    So I phone up 02 on my 02 simcard, get this PAC code, stick my Orange simcard in, phone them up and give them it and that's all?
  • That's pretty much it.

Remember you'll lose any credit you have with O2 and depending on how quick Orange port your number over, you'll be without a service for a short period.

Good little FAQ on the Carphonewarehouse site.
    Dave. :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole

Get a month's worth of free smoothies, frappes, coffee etc

MSE Deals