Options
2»

Comments

• eeeeen
    eeeeen Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    Andy_L wrote: »
    Could'nt agree more

Have you paid for a plumber recently :-)

Remember it's not just the doctors time during the medical. they've got todocument it after you leave to cover their backside if you keel over while driving the lorry & keep that record for years. then you've got on the on costs that any business suffers: NI , premises rent & utilities, business rates, support staff costs, VAT.[/quote]

Even a plumber is not £360 an hour come on lets get real, the surgery has those costs with or without my £90 looks like I and poeple like myself are there to be taken advantage of
  • LinasPilibaitisisbatman
    Options
    eeeeen wrote: »
    Have you paid for a plumber recently :-)

Remember it's not just the doctors time during the medical. they've got todocument it after you leave to cover their backside if you keel over while driving the lorry & keep that record for years. then you've got on the on costs that any business suffers: NI , premises rent & utilities, business rates, support staff costs, VAT.

Even a plumber is not £360 an hour come on lets get real, the surgery has those costs with or without my £90 looks like I and poeple like myself are there to be taken advantage of[/quote]

You clearly dont have a clue

These costs based on a 35 hour week 52 week year are £655,200 per year, this would cover salaries, insurance, premises, NI and PAYE, heating, holiday cover, electric,stationary, phones and so many other different items that will be included not to mention a profit aspect as this is a private service

Frankly I would say it seems quite reasonable for what is a very highly skilled role which takes almost a decade to train for and any mistakes could lead to massive liability

As for your suggesting their salaries should be comparable to a plumber- what a moron
  • eeeeen
    Options

These costs based on a 35 hour week 52 week year are £655,200 per year, this would cover salaries, insurance, premises, NI and PAYE, heating, holiday cover, electric,stationary, phones and so many other different items that will be included not to mention a profit aspect as this is a private service

Frankly I would say it seems quite reasonable for what is a very highly skilled role which takes almost a decade to train for and any mistakes could lead to massive liability

As for your suggesting their salaries should be comparable to a plumber- what a moron[/quote]

I can only presume your rudeness is down to you having a bad day. Was there any need to get personal? please read the threads again and you will note it's an NHS service that I feel is taking advantage. Secondly I did not say it was comparible to a plumber AndyL suggested that, I just commented that plumbers are not on that much, also You will note that a few other people on here feel its excessive.Now the private sector to whom i am going to is charging £49. Do they not have the same overheads??? yet the charge is almost half and in fact in the Midlands its less than half the fee, clearly a touchy subject!As for you saying I have not got a clue, let me tell you I have been very successful in my career as I have run a multi millon pound business with profits in excess of three million pounds profit, year after year, so much so it has allowed me to retire at 48 to work part time as and when I feel like it, which in turn allows me devote my time to local initiativesMoron??--- I dont think so!!
  • eeeeen
    Options
    Even a plumber is not £360 an hour come on lets get real, the surgery has those costs with or without my £90 looks like I and poeple like myself are there to be taken advantage of

As for your suggesting their salaries should be comparable to a plumber- what a moron[/quote]

Some time ago you replied to my post saying that doctors are highly skilled, no doubts about that my issue was the different cost, how can one charge £90 and the other £49 but whilst talking about cost my medical took place for £49 wwhat a suprise when the Doc said what weight are you when told he wrote it down when asked what height i was he then took my word for it and wrote it down, great skill you telling me he studied along time for that I think even I am capable of that, as for a urine sample well you dont want to know how he took that
    As I suggested earlier this is a matter of greed not skill
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport