We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Capita Registrars Charges for RE-Issue

Options
I gave a change of address in 2001 to CMG, which they didn't act upon, unoticed by me as I was working abroad. They were taken over by Logica and admin'd by Capita. I realised last year and Capita re-issued my dividends and agreed not to charge me for that as it was not my mistake. I have now found that they did not send me the share certificate and they want to charge me 68 pounds to do so ! I have disputed this as they set a precedent with the divi's accepting no fault on my side. They are not backing down. What should I do next please ???????

Comments

• Noozan
    Noozan Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Is the old certificate still valid? If so, you won't need a new certificate as long as your new address is noted on their records. You just need to remember to tell your broker what your new address is when you come to sell them.
    I have the mind of a criminal genius. I keep it in the freezer next to Mother....
  • Malcmandy
    Options
    I doubt it as CMG were taken over by Logica - now Logica CMG - and the shares re-issued. I am being polite at the moment, but need ideas for extra leverage ! especially since the fees were waived for the divi's. Thanx for your reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport