Wine Making Supplies (Merged)

I'm trying to find out if there any suppliers for wine making equipment in Northern Ireland. I am aware that a lot of this can be purchased on-line, however the shipping charges to Northern Ireland, as usual, are extortionate!

Boots years ago used to be a good source for this type of thing but they no longer stock any equipment.

I'd be grateful if any home brew aficionados can pass on some advice on best places to buy.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

ab

Comments

• Yes there is its called Natures Way and its on the newtownards road if your coming from stormount then its on the left hand side near the top of the road. They do beer and wine, the husband does the beer side of things and the wife does the wine side. I got my father quite alot of things from it for a retirement present, and now i'm benifiting, only one problem its all white wine he gives me as he drinks the red himself.
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thankyou for your help, I shall investigate this next week when I'm working in Belfast :)
  • Gangstabird
    Gangstabird Posts: 1,920 Forumite
    Do you have a wilkinsons in NI, they stock the wine making gear.
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Unfortunately we don't have Wilko's over here :( but thanks for the help :)
  • Gangstabird
    Gangstabird Posts: 1,920 Forumite
    I know I have posted stuff to NI before now via ebay. Do you not have anyone who can post to you cheaper.

What are you after if you don't mind me asking.

I ask this as a very new winemaker who is going to pick up a bundle of stuff from ebay tomorrow.

If it's the sachets & stuff, pm me and I can probably work something out with you as they are quite light.

I currently have an orange supermarket wine going on which smells glorious.:beer:
  • It's actually my Dad who is looking for supplies. yeast in particular :confused:
    Not quite sure what other bits and bobs but I showed him this thread with the info about the place in Belfast ;)
  • Anyone know if they do cider-making stuff too? I'm sick of filling the compost bin with apples every year...
  • guiriman where are you in NI? My Dad wants to try making cider as well but is having difficulty in getting cider apples to do it and I also saw a post on freecycle recently of another local asking about the same.
  • Pretani
    Pretani Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    arkonite babe, try
    Hillmount fruit farm
    72 Hillmount Rd, Cullybackey
    Tel: 028 2588 0584
  • Not far from me, so will check that out. Thanks pretani :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure