Buying a laptop from dell????

Options
I am going to buy the dell insperon 6000, has anyone got this laptop is it worth the money or am I better to go somewhere like currys comet?????
Also I just called dell to see if they would discount if I bought 2 of these, they said they would give me an additional 4.00 off (last of the big spenders!!!)
Does anyone use quidco, I have heard these mentioned just wondered how it works?????

Comments

• Pulse
    Pulse Posts: 389 Forumite
    Options
    If you are looking at the Dell Inspiron 6000 deal as featured in the 'Quick Grabbit' forum for £499, then yes, it's an absolute steal! You will not regret it if you buy it!

I would buy one right now if money wasn't so tight.

If you have any more PC-related questions, don't hesitate to ask via PM. I'm not a genious, but I will try my best to help :)
  • z1000000
    z1000000 Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    I think the original deal for the 499 Insperion 6000 may have ended.
    Check the spec carefully.
    I got one from the "Quick Grabbit Deal", and I couldn't find anything close for the same price.
    Don't forget to buy it through the small business pages on Dell, and I got a little extra cashback using greasy palm and Amex.
  • susi
    susi Posts: 717 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks folks, I knowthis isnt techie but how would I go about getting the 5% extra discount from quidco, is it automatically deducted at checkout?????? I know you have to join quidco first, is it 5.00 or something, or should i just grab this deal while its about???????
  • chunter
    chunter Posts: 2,003 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    305-N11602a
    subtract the £130 in Dell Service choices.
    Go right to the very end all to the shopping cart & it subtracts £75 to bring it back to £498.39 delivered.
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Quidco is claiming the fee ( and passing it on to you less an annual fee - other sites do similiar less a % of the amount ) that Dell normally pays to sites that advertise its products , so no , it won't be deducted at checkout.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • gizmoleeds
    gizmoleeds Posts: 2,232 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've got an Inspiron 6000 and I love it. Got it on a good deal a while back, and this (with the code) is the best offer I've seen since.

My only tip is: unless you have bad eyesight go for the upgraded screen (WSXGA 1680x1050 pixels). Well worth it IMO for the beautifully crisp screen with loads of workspace. Just look at how much space I have:

Screenshot.jpg

(I should warn you though that the screen doesn't work well in a non-native resolution - ie. if I put it into 1280x800 it is unacceptably blurry).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure