Pizza Hut 50% off Voucher

Options
Just a warning to those who may not realise this, but the 50% off Pizza Hut voucher does not include the "deals". I undrestood this to mean any other promotion or voucher, but it refers to the many regular pizza and sides/starter combos which are displayed at the bottom of the current menu.

We used our voucher yesterday evening and found that if we had bought the pizza and starter separately, for which the voucher would have been eligible, we would have saved more than the regular deal price for both. Unfortunately the 50% discount did not apply to the so-called deal (which I think is not explicit enough on the T & C on the voucher), nor to any drinks or anything else. I remonstrated with the manager who explained that the combos were already very cheap (so?), and seemed to positively resent having to honour the voucher.

So, be warned that unless you buy from the main menu the voucher is pretty much useless. This is not pointed out by the staff (naturally) who direct you to the deals as soon as you're seated. Nice one Pizza Hut....

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,310 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Danyúl_II
    Danyúl_II Posts: 1,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What did you attempt to use it for?

I checked online at the prices and the 50% voucher would have meant for £10 we could purchase a large pizza and 3 starters/sides - which is very good indeed!
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Martins emails says its for the deals.....? Check it out with Head Office.
  • chuckley
    chuckley Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    the coupn tells u it doesnt apply to deals.
  • timberflake
    timberflake Posts: 1,623 Forumite
    Options
    I've used these vouchers without any problems in the past. Reading the t&c's it tells you that you cannot redeem it against any deals - did you not even think to ask before ordering? I present my voucher when I go in as I'm seating and check everything as I'm ordering.
  • BankofDad_2
    Options
    No Timberlake, I did not check the t & c for words that could be construed in several ways ("deal" has a multitude of meanings in my book), nor did I "think to ask" before ordering. When a company like Pizza Hut offers 50% off FOOD, I like to think this applies to all food and not just some items on the menu. It's the sort of hair-splitting that gets my goat every time.

But I really appreciate the pointless patronising reply :rolleyes:...
  • scottishlass
    scottishlass Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Martins emails says its for the deals.....?

Martins email does say it xcludes the deals however it also says that Office voucher in the Glamour Magazine is valid on Sale and Full price items but in the T&C's it clearly states its not...guess always better to double check the T&C's before purchasing anything.
    2020 Mortgage-Free Wannabes #20 £1495.03/£2760 OP
  • timberflake
    timberflake Posts: 1,623 Forumite
    Options
    BankofDad wrote: »
    No Timberlake, I did not check the t & c for words that could be construed in several ways ("deal" has a multitude of meanings in my book), nor did I "think to ask" before ordering. When a company like Pizza Hut offers 50% off FOOD, I like to think this applies to all food and not just some items on the menu. It's the sort of hair-splitting that gets my goat every time.

But I really appreciate the pointless patronising reply :rolleyes:...

My reply was neither pointless or patronising, I was simply asking a question. Myself, when I'm given a voucher for "free this" or "% off that" I ALWAYS ready the t&c's because I know that companies will make it as difficult as possible for people to claim on them. To simply walk into a place with one of these pieces of paper without reading the t&c's and at absolute minimum asking "is this included in the offer" is pure stupidity.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I used this in my local PH at the weekend. The coupon clearly states it cannot be redeemed against deals or drinks. Its fairly large print as well.

We placed our order and the wonderful waitress whipped out a calculator to work out if we would be cheaper at 50% off or with deals. Couldnt fault them.
  • leicsmarkyr
    Options
    The T&Cs state:

1) Offer available in participating dine-in huts only. 2) Voucher available all day, 7 days a week until 05/10/2008 inclusive. 3) 50% off food only (including childrens), excluding buffet, deals, drinks, takeaway and online orders. 4) This voucher cannot be redeemed for cash.
    5) The voucher can only be redeemed at the Pizza Hut store named on this voucher.
    6) Only the person named on this voucher can redeem the offer and must be able to provide proof of identification. 7) Photocopied vouchers will not be accepted. 8) This voucher can only be used once. 9) One voucher per table. 10) This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount. 11) Pizza Hut reserves the right to withdraw or amend this offer at anytime and without prior notice.

To be that means if you buy a pizza and a starter together in the 'deal section' you do not get the discount.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure