Which PDA?

Options
Hi all, I'm looking at buying a PDA, mainly to use for Sat Nav. But would also like to play MP3's / Videos on it.

Would prefer it if it had integrated Bluetooth, wifi & GPS.

Anyone recommend owt that'd fit the bill?

Comments

• smcicr
    smcicr Posts: 365 Forumite
    Options
    i'm currently looking for the same thing - found https://www.totalpda.co.uk to be a mine of useful info - they look at pda's AND bundles of pda / sat nav stuff.
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." (Mark Twain)
  • steven07968
    Options
    Cheers smcicr, will have a look at that site
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    just got myself ( well it was my birthday present) a XDA EXEC ( aka universal / i-mate jasjar / MDA PRO )

not sure its the best for sat nav - no intergrated GPS
    but its got B/T wifi and GPRS ( full internet / emails ) and its a phone
    http://www.totalpda.co.uk/I-Mate-JASJAR-mini-laptop-3G-phone-WiFi.aspx

( no I did not pay any where near that much ! )

Still playing around with it
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • chilli_dog
    Options
    got myself a HP RX3715, it is excellent. it has wifi and bluetooth, brought a wired gps receiver from as well all works fine. cant say enough good things about the IPAQ. brilliant
  • steven07968
    Options
    I think I'm gonna go for a Dell X30 624Mhz with the TomTom Bluetooth GPS Reciever package. Just need to try and find a decent deal for it now, so any advice as to where would be the cheapest to buy it from would be helpfull :)
  • Middlers
    Middlers Posts: 509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    chilli_dog wrote:
    got myself a HP RX3715, it is excellent. it has wifi and bluetooth, brought a wired gps receiver from as well all works fine. cant say enough good things about the IPAQ. brilliant

Me too and I agree - fantastic bit of kit.
    Middlers
  • odowdchr
    odowdchr Posts: 800 Forumite
    Options
    I think I'm gonna go for a Dell X30 624Mhz with the TomTom Bluetooth GPS Reciever package. Just need to try and find a decent deal for it now, so any advice as to where would be the cheapest to buy it from would be helpfull :)

Do your user research on the Bluetooth GPS bit. It's a great idea but our guys at work have gone back to wired receivers for reliability, less hassle and ease of use.
  • alanobrien
    alanobrien Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options

Good choice :D got the X30 myself with a Holux GPSlim 236 Bluetooth GPS reciever.

Keep an eye on the Dell UK site as they have offers on all the time. I got my Axim for 198 inc vat and delivery a couple of months back. Excellent it is to :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure