Martin deserves an MBE!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in How much have you saved?
9 replies 1.7K views
pilchard74pilchard74 Forumite
26 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in How much have you saved?
I cannot believe how much money I have saved in the last couple of months through this website. Martin deserves an MBE for his money saving site! Recently I have saved £100 on my car insurance, £250 on house insurance and £80 on car breakdown!!!:j All by using the help and advice on this site. Thanks, Martin!!:beer:

Replies

• jessicambjessicamb Forumite
    10.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done on saving so much pilchard :)
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
  • dianadorsdianadors Forumite
    801 Posts
    500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I totally second that. My attitude to debt and spending did a complete U turn after discovering this site (coincidentally I had just changed jobs too and had left a major bank where the attitude to debt and spending was the reverse of this sites message - now look at where that got 'em!!!)
    The think I love about this site is the less you spend, the more you re-use first instead of recycle first, the more you "think" before you spend and the less money you waste, the better you are thought of - whereas you are still "judged" as a tight wad in the real world (although les so in recent days). Martin changed my life for the better and for that I cant say thanks enough. Incidently, I now have a much better social life, do "more" than I used to do - all thanks to the freebies thread. This week we are dining out with £50 free Tesco vouchers that we are using in Cafe Rouge and all 4 of us have free cinema tickets.
  • NozNoz Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Is MSE a one man band or are there are team off money saving experts which Martin is the face of?
  • aaron772aaron772 Forumite
    270 Posts
    Noz wrote: »
    Is MSE a one man band or are there are team off money saving experts which Martin is the face of?

I'd like to know this also we never really get know what happens behind the scenes do we, it would be interesting, I suspect there is a team as there would be far too much work for one man..

29.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noz wrote: »

Does it really matter. If Martin leads a team it is his vision and leadership, without which you would not get the same results. That is not to take away from anybody else of course
    “The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.” Eckhart Tolle
  • junior_jjunior_j Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too have benifitted greatly because of this amazin site!
    NanMias - cyber granddaughter!
  • Noz wrote: »

Hi Noz

> THIS < might help.

Follow @MSE_Forum on twitter
    Join the MSE Forum
    New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: [email protected]
  • Careful_with_that_AxeCareful_with_that_Axe Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even though there is a team behind him, Martin still deserves official recognition. Particularky for his work on trying to financially educate the younger generation.
    I think it is generally recognised that when an award is given, it reflects the work of the whole team.
    My Dad was honoured with an OBE back in the 70s and he always said it was for the team and OBE stood for "Other Beggers Efforts".
    I think many posters here feel that recognition is deserved for all the team and we should put pen to paper and nominate. It's not gonna happen without that!
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • BarneysmomBarneysmom Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree Martin is the leader and deserves recognition for all he's done, but he is part of a team.

They all deserve our big fat thanks if nothing else.:T :T :T :T :T
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals