We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Etrade account
1socrates1
Posts: 376 Forumite
Hi,
I have recently opened an etrade UK Equities account, and I have a few questions that hopefully someone here might be able to answer. I have bought a certain amount of shares and want to hold them and see what happens in this economic climate. Do I pay a penalty for an account that is not 'active'. If so how much would the penalty be? How many trades per quarter do I have to make to maintain an active account?
I have tried to look up these answers on the net and all I can find is info to do with the US based etrade accounts etc.
Thanks
Paul
I have recently opened an etrade UK Equities account, and I have a few questions that hopefully someone here might be able to answer. I have bought a certain amount of shares and want to hold them and see what happens in this economic climate. Do I pay a penalty for an account that is not 'active'. If so how much would the penalty be? How many trades per quarter do I have to make to maintain an active account?
I have tried to look up these answers on the net and all I can find is info to do with the US based etrade accounts etc.
Thanks
Paul
0
Comments
-
* E*TRADE Classic: There will be an inactivity fee of £4.85 per month (inc. VAT) if there are fewer than two trades on your account within a 6 month period. Once two trades are made within 6 months, it will be deemed active again in the month the second trade takes place and the inactivity fee will not apply from that month
https://uk.etrade.com/e/t/uk/dynamicpagerightrail?screen=2610&headertab=home'In nature, there are neither rewards nor punishments - there are Consequences.'0 -
Thanks Purch, thats great.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards