Newbie Poster here - Xmas Get-aways

Options
Hi Guys,

Newbie poster here although I have been getting Money Tips for ages and recommending to friends.

Has anyone got any ideas for a break at xmas on a budget home or abroad?
Basically the missus and I want to get away from it all but going anywhere over the festive period involves quite a premium

Is anyone else getting away this xmas?

Cheers,
BB

Championship CAMPEONES 2010-2011

Comments

• cheekymole
    cheekymole Posts: 3,416 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Travelodge £10 a night rooms?
    I haven't got one!
  • Wombat
    Wombat Posts: 957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is the best deal I know of at present for a foreign getaway. First Choice and book online for the biggest discount:

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/holidaydeals/index.cfm?step=holiday_price&fund=no&extra=2

This is a larger discount than travel agents can offer.

Benalmadena is not Magaluf. If you want a quiet, relaxing break with excellent beach walks and trips then this may be the place for you. Hotel is in a good location (close to the Marina) with decent write-ups on Holidays Uncovered.

http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk/index.htm

You don't say what your budget is, so it's a bit difficult to say if this would be suitable. Have a look and make your own mind up.

Here are the details of your selected holiday. The price shown is for your whole party and includes your online discount and extra holiday costs. Plus remember all our holiday prices are the [url="javascript:void('');"]lowest prices[/url] in the UK - guaranteed! s?late.holidayprice

tranny.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.giftotal_holiday_price.gif£763.84book_this.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifyour_holiday_sub.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifSat 24 Dec 2005tranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifNottingham East Midlands to Costa del Soltranny.giftranny.giftranny.gif8 nights tranny.giftranny.giftranny.gif2 Adultstranny.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifsub_discount.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifThe total holiday price includes a discount of £104.16tranny.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifflight_details_sub.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifNottingham East MidlandsMalaga (3hrs ) tranny.giftranny.gifSat 24 Dec 2005Sun 01 Jan 2006tranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifDeparts: 13:50Departs: 12:05tranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifArrives: 17:35 Arrives: 14:05 tranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifAirline: First ChoiceAirline: First Choicetranny.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifPre-bookable seating not selectedSit Togethertranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifIn-Flight Meals not included Include In-flight Mealstranny.giftranny.giftranny.gif20kg Baggage Allowance tranny.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifaccommodation_details_sub.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.gif[url="javascript:void('');"]fc_ab.gif[/url]tranny.giftranny.gifBest Siroco Hotel in Benalmadena, Costa del SolView Detailstranny.giftranny.giftranny.gif1 x Twin Room
    Balcony Or Terrace, Private Bath, Shower, Toilet
    Change Room Typetranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifHalf Boardtranny.gifChange Meal Optiontranny.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.giftransfer_carhire_sub.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifReturn transfers included from the airport to your accommodationtranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifNo car booked Hire a Cartranny.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.giftravel_foundation_sub.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifNo contribution made Add Contributiontranny.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.giftotal_holiday_price.gif£763.84book_this.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.giftranny.gifreturn_arrow.gifTo return to the original itinerary
    with the price of £788.64Click Here
  • Bushboy
    Bushboy Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Cheekymole & Wombat,

Thanks for those tips.

I had originally wanted to go to Lanzarote, cheapest I found was about 500 each.

I understand why it's that price there, esp with the all year round sun, but now the missus says monies could be tight :( but I still want to get away from here!

The travelodge thing might be good, Edinburgh could be an option.

Championship CAMPEONES 2010-2011
  • monkeyspanner
    Options
    There is a strand on the board for Days Inns. They have a guarantee of a free night if you can find a cheaper price on another site. Loads of suggestions on there.
  • sunderblund
    Options
    first choice were doing 7nts feurteventura for £299 each all inclusive last friday, They went very quick.

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options
    I'm off to the beaches of Thailand for Christmas and New Year. I booked a while ago, so my ticket was only £400.
    Accommodation is relatively inexpensive, anything from £10 per night for a 2* hotel/guesthouse to £60 for a well appointed 1000 square feet apartment overlooking the river.
    Food, tasty and inexpensive. Weather? Rarely drops below 30 degrees Centigrade in the daytime and mid 20s in the evening. Little rain if any at all.
    Unfortunately, it's fully on the mainstream tourist trail now, but still a good winter destination.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure