Ryanair flight change?

Options
I booked a flight the other day thinking that their sale was coming to an end, so had to make a decision pretty sharpish. However since then, myself and my partner have decided that we need to return from a different airport. The ryanair site says that there will be a charge to change a booking and I'll have to pay the difference in flight costs.

Does anyone know how much the charge is for changing a flight?

The other thing I was thinking, was that I have paid the tax for a flight which I will no longer use - can I get a refund on that or will I have to pay it again for the new airport? Surely ryanair wouldn't pay the tax twice if it doesn't have to, so does it keep the tax? Surely that's not fair??

Cheers...

Comments

• alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You'll pay the difference between the existing flight & the current flight plus a charge for doing so. The tax you'd pay would be moved to the new booking so there isn't anything to reclaim - and besides the charges for reclaiming the tax just happen to be the same value as the tax itself so you end up with nothing
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How much would a new separate booking cost? Possibly cheaper than the change fees.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • ljonski
    ljonski Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    Options
    £20 to change ticket +new flight-old flight=new price
    "if the state cannot find within itself a place for those who peacefully refuse to worship at its temples, then it’s the state that’s become extreme".Revd Dr Giles Fraser on Radio 4 2017
  • Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options
    Just go here; https://www.bookryanair.com/skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi?module=C3&language=EN&culture=GB
    Enter your flight details and you can check the cost of any changes you would like to make within your booking.
    If your happy with the changes, you can confirm them, if not, your booking will remain unchanged.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure