Asda Home Delivery

Options
I ordered my asda shop as I usually do every 2 weeks due to be delivered wednesday between 10 and 12.

Come 1 o'clock I phoned customer services to find out where my food was, only to be told my order had been cancelled as during a routine security check my address was flagged as being involved in the use of a stolen credit card last year.

After some more questioning from myself I discovered that although it was my building that had been flagged it wasn't my actual flat(there are 12 flats in the building). I pointed out that they had delivered to me with no problems every 2 weeks for months and that I didn't understand why they had not bothered to email or phone me to let me know my order had been cancelled. Especially as they then offered to redeliver without investigating further or anything.

I enquired as to whether there would be any discount on the redelivery as although I understand the importance of these security checks I had been inconvienienced(the lady on the phone had apologised for the mix up with the flats). No discount was offered so I cancelled my order and went to tesco instead.

I emailed their customer services stating again that I understand the importance of these checks but as I have been receiving delivery from them for ages with no problems and using the same card every time it may be an idea in future to email customers when their delivery is cancelled.

Got an email back today basically just saying they do not contact the customer because in cases of fraud they phone the police???

I don't understand the woman on the phone admitted that it was not my flat and that the use of the stolen card happened last year and it's not like I had to do anything other than phone and say it wasn't me to get my account reinstated so how secure is that?

Anyway rant over will use tesco from now on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure