We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sony Headphones .... i just dont know what to do

Options
Hi all

I received a paid on Expensive £34 in ear Sony ear phones for my birthday almost a year ago now.

Since receiving these I have taken them back twice due to problems with the "speakers"

I have tried loads of in ear earphones but these are the only ones that actually stay comfortably in mine :confused:

The last pair we swapped I just used on my work pc to listen to radio ...just incase it was my ipod damaging it....

But alas same thing

Now the product is still within its 1yr warrantee but
I do not have the original purchase receipt (not anymore)

They were purchased on my girlfriends CT card ..& they want £6 to send us a statement dating back this far (Dec04)....

What am I to do here ... just give as its going to cost me more money to get a replacement ??

Any advice idea greatly welcomed

Thnx >X<

Comments

• Xtreme
    Xtreme Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    The Sony store were the headphones were purchased from originally has emailed me ...advising that without the original purchase receipt they cannot help me ..they did however refer me to SONY Headquarters and said i can try take up the complaint with them

oh well ..looks like by the time i get someone to listen to my story the headphones will be out of warrantee. :mad:
  • Pulse
    Pulse Posts: 389 Forumite
    Options
    Use this number to contact the Sony HO - 01635 869500

It's not free, but it's cheaper than the 0870 number they provide. Stay on the phone, and get something done about it. £34 is a lot of money for headphones which dont work properly after a year, so you get your money's worth!
  • Stonk
    Stonk Posts: 937 Forumite
    Options
    Sony Headphones .... i just dont know what to do
    You put 'em on your ears. ;-p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income