La Redoute and returning goods

Options
I wonder if anyone could tell me if I am right or wrong here. In August I ordered two sofa covers from La Redoute. One for a two seater and one for a four seater. Two seater arrived within a week or so, four seater arrived 8 weeks later! I had put the two seater cover on my sofa when I had received it, and loved it. However, when the 4 seater arrived it was a different shade, not as nice as the first. Obviously this was no good and I presumed because of the length of time Redoute took to fulfill the order, that the manufacturer had slightly changed the colour. As I see it, it is not my fault as I ordered the goods at the same time.
I had real bad attitude from the lady on the other end of the phone when I rang to tell them what had happened. She told me I should not have put on the first covers until I had received the second lot! In other words, I should have hung onto the parcel and not used it just incase the colour differed!
The end result is, she told me 'as an act of goodwill!!!' that they would take back both covers, but that I would be charged for two new ones, then refunded later. So be warned when ordering coloured items from La Redoute!

Comments

• Ellie2758
    Ellie2758 Posts: 2,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm confused. Are they offering you free replacements?

Ellie
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
  • lily_the_pink
    Options
    I think La Redoute are one of those companies where Customer Services is an ironic in-house joke. I have tried on various occaisions to either get a catalogue from them (3 times) and actually through a friend ordered some goods.

There was then a problem with my direct debit card (there wasn't but La Redoute claimed there was) and after phoning with the debit card number (as requested in a letter that they have sent) I was then told I would have to re-order everything (bit difficult as I did not have the order codes in front of me nor a catalogue as I had used my friends). More importantly I did not have a record of my special order number to claim a free gift for myself and my friend. There was no record of the order on their system

The woman was really rude - almost seemed like they were doing me a favour, so as I hate being beholden to anyone, I decided to take my business elsewhere. Its a shame as I think there clothes look lovely but after all the bother it will take a good free gift offer to make me go through all the hassle again.

The strange thing is that I have ordered various bits and pieces from Verbaudaut, their sister company, with no problems.
  • pudding
    pudding Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Also if you would of hung on to the first package till the second one arrived it would of been well over the 14 day period if you have to return the item...I have had bad dealings with them anyway...
  • Breynia
    Breynia Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been offered free replacements 'as an act of goodwill' but to get the free replacements I have had to spend another £120 then they will refund plus somehow give me back the 20% discount that I had used to order the first! It seems all very complicated when they could have just sent another two covers out to replace the others. My gripe was the attitude of customer services.
    I also had a problem with payment using a credit card. They sent me a letter saying my card had been declined adding 'that'll be £15 please for inconveniencing us' or words to that effect. I couldn't believe it as I had plenty of money in to cover it. That time I had a nice CS man who sorted it all out and refunded the £15 'just this once mind'!
    Think I will take my custom elsewhere too...pity because the loose sofa covers are really nice and much cheaper than anywhere else I have seen.
  • Ellie2758
    Ellie2758 Posts: 2,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, I've never had a problem with them. They send me loads of money off codes too. Must like me.:D

Ellie
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business