Options
13»

Comments

• noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A BACS payment takes 3 working days.
    Sunday is not a working day. I would expect the payment to arrive in your account on Wednesday 21st.
  • r-type_2
    Options
    I ordered a CHAPS payment yesterday at 4ish, I got a text this morning at 9:30 saying it had been processed and the payee said they had the money about an hour or so later.
  • pjread
    pjread Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    chaps are (or used to be in a past life doing back-office banking) manually processed and usually around 1-2 working hours 'lag'

FP may be a better choice these days? (depending on value)
  • lolavix
    lolavix Posts: 532 Forumite
    Options
    How many times will this thread be resurrected?!
  • Hominu
    Hominu Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    I think it depends on the bank, some banks say that if you request a CHAPS in the morning, it's guaranteed to arrive at the destination account by the end of the day, but may take until the next day to be credited to the account holder.
  • pjread
    pjread Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If they're before the cut off (1500hrs?) it's meant to be guaranteed same day clearance at the receiving bank. The issue is that arriving at the receiving bank sort code isn't quite the same as hitting the destination account. e.g. building society and other 'non-current account' (e.g. credit card) accounts are typically updated seperately after the "2nd tier" (card company, building soc, whatever) notices and updates the end-user's account. This is typically the next day.

[edit] I knew what I was talking about 10-12 years ago, but things may have changed so caveat emptor [/edit]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure