double clubcard points for over 60s on Tuesdays

Options
In Tesco they are offering double clubacrd points for the over 60s on Tuesdays. I am about 20 years short of qualifying myself, but felt just a tinge of envy as the lady in front of me got her points...
You need to pick up a leaflet in store which has tokens that you hand over- it looked like there were about 6.
I'm not sure how they judge your age... it could be the same rule that applies to under 21s for buying alcohol- 'please don't be offended if we ask for proof' ;)

Comments

• Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Every little helps, Mc1.....tho only buy petrol there.
  • Fenella
    Fenella Posts: 664 Forumite
    Options
    In Tesco they are offering double clubacrd points for the over 60s on Tuesdays. I am about 20 years short of qualifying myself, but felt just a tinge of envy as the lady in front of me got her points...
    You need to pick up a leaflet in store which has tokens that you hand over- it looked like there were about 6.
    I'm not sure how they judge your age... it could be the same rule that applies to under 21s for buying alcohol- 'please don't be offended if we ask for proof' ;)

I sent Tesco an email querying this as I had not heard of this offer and had this reply today:

Thank you for your email.

I have checked and I am sorry but we do not offer double points for people aged above sixty.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us at [email="customer.service@tesco.co.uk"]customer.service@tesco.co.uk[/email] quoting TES1367489X.
    Born to shop;)
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options

Which store or town was this please?
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • mcallister1
    mcallister1 Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    Options
    It was in Chelmsford St Johns - I thought it was nationwide, but maybe it isn't.
  • mcallister1
    mcallister1 Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    Options
    Read the earlier post- I find it a bit weird.There were big posters all over the store, proper Tesco ones, and shiny leaflets too! I am going into the store this evening and will ask what it is all about. :confused:
    Also, I will look at the leaflet and if it isn't store specific I will pick up a few- ( hopefully they are just hanging around or I will have to make up some elderly relations to get them for...) if you pm me I'll post them to you, but let me check tonight first.
    Sometimes there seem to be different rules in different stores. For instance, I am puzzled that the cd charts in the two stores I go to, which both have this weeks date on, show different cds at number 1.
  • mcallister1
    Options
    Yes, the double points are in 'participating stores'. The tokens are dated, 2 dates gone, 4 to go and say they are only for the store they came from. The local paper had a full page ad this week for the promo.
    The points don't apply to Petrol, gifts pharmacy, cigarettes etc etc etc
    The cs were shocked that Ho didn't know about it. I will have a look on the clubcard thread to see if anyone knows more. I picked up some leaflets but if your store doesn't do it, it is no good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure