how to connect kcorp KLG575 to zyxel 650H

Options
good evening,

I need to build wireless network out of Zyxel 650H modem-router (4 ports) and Kcorp KLG575 router (acts as an access point), but I don't know exactly what configurations I need to make kcorp a wireless access point so that I can use one laptop in one room wirelessly and one desktop in another room wired to Zyxel LAN port.

I appreciate for any advice that any of you may offer.

Many thanks.

Comments

• wolfman
    wolfman Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    Options
    Ok, the Zyxel will have an ip address. You should be able to see this somewhere in it's web interface. If you're not sure how to connect to it, go to Start > Run, then type "cmd" and press Enter. A Command Prompt should appear, type "ipconfig" and press enter. It should show the Default Gateway's (the Zyxel) ip address.

Now plug your computer into your KCorp, via the cable. Login to its web interface to set its ip address. If for example your Zyxel has an address of 192.168.0.1, then maybe set your KCorp to 192.168.0.2.

Next plug you pc back in the Zyxel. Get a piece of regular network cable and plug it in from one of the Zyxel ports, to one of the lan ports (not the wan in/out port) on the KCorp.

That should be the basic setup. Try and get that far first. Then you can look into static/dynamic routes etc... and wireless security.
    "Boonowa tweepi, ha, ha."
  • leegate
    leegate Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you wolfman for your help. now I understand better how these two are to be connected and configured. I will try it with a wireless notebook network card which I will have received this weekend.
  • leegate
    Options
    hello, I have received my wirelss card. following the intruction you have provided, the wireless connection is working. however my desktop via wired cable out of modem/router LAN port is not working. I have also tried to connect desktop to kcorp lan port, it does not work.

I have disabled DHCP in kcorp. do you think what else I need to do. Thanks again.

EDIT: I have now managed to get both wireless and wired working. It was caused by incorrect DNS servers' address. Many thanks for the helps you have given me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure