Car insurance refund VENT

Options
I'm so cheesed off right now, I canceled my car insurance last week because I wanted to change my car and the quote they offered to change the vehicle over (third party F&T cover for the remaining 9 months of the policy) was 3 times as expensive as a brand new quote for fully comp from a different company......... they had the cheek to tell me on the phone they 'weren't in the business of offering competitive quotes to current customers' ................. interesting thing is I can get a competitve quote online from their website if I pretend to be a new customer, hmmm..

No problem, I canceled the policy, so they owe me £537.15 (after the disgusting cancellation fees), the guy on the phone tells me the refund on my card will be instant, so I check the bank expecting the money to be there and it isn't! I call up this monday and another lady on the phone from my insurance tells me the refund was only issued on friday 15th and the money will 100% be in my bank by tuesday morning at the latest.....................

Surprise surprise, here I am this morning with no money in my bank, after another phone call just now the guy on the phone admits the refund was not even issued until the 19th of august, and that it can take up to 10 WORKING days before the money gets back to me.... IE: the 29th!!!!!

So someone has been telling porkies at some point and I am bloody furious, I need that refund in order to complete the purchase of my new car, I left a deposit for the car, the garage is MOT'ing it and whatever and I need to pick it up now, problem is I'm £500 short due to my insurance lying about the refund...................................

Doesn't take them weeks to DEBIT a bank account does it? Thieving scumbags!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure