Unoccupied house insurance

Options
I'm lucky enough to be able to travel out to the sunshine every winter. :j I currently use Saga for my house and contents insurance as they are one of the few that can offer cover for my UK house being continuously unoccupied for 5 months each year. They have a good reputation but are expensive. I have just got a quote from Intasure that is significantly cheaper. Does anybody have any view about Intasure and/or recommendation for any other insurer who can cover this risk?

Comments

• greco_2
    greco_2 Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    You need to look at cover restrictions as well as the cost. Insurers typically limit cover to Fire, lightning, earthquake and explosion on unoccupied property as well as applying unoccupancy conditions. An expensive deal from Saga might be better than a cheap deal from another insurer when you factor everything in.
  • jeppy
    jeppy Posts: 3,428 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try Milestone 0113 2593679

www.milestoneinsurance.co.uk

They have a couple of schemes which include wider cover for unoccupied properties. However this isnt standard ins so you will have to give them a call.

Good luck!
    ACII and Chartered so now I can focus on learning to play my beautiful Sax. 🎷
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure