Anyone use First Direct for car insurance?

Options
Just had my renewal for £448.00. Did the all of the comparison sites and couldn't get the price below this.

Stumbled across an advert for First Direct claiming to beat your renewal by at least 10% http://www.firstdirect.com/insurance/car.shtml

Did a quote and came back at £403.00 which is 20p over 10% so it seems their site is true to their word. More than happy at this price. Shame there is no Quidco;)

Just seeing if anyone had good/bad times with first direct for their car insurance?

Comments

• Carmex_Fan
    Options
    Never used them, but I did get quoted high prices when I was looking for car insurance. I'm with Kwik Fit and I get discount at Kwik Fit too.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think there was a thread on here recently, so suggest you search this forum.
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,243 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I received a letter from First Direct too. When I read the small print, you had to have a renewal premium of more than £200. My last year's car insurance was £128, so it wouldn't apply to me.

I generally find I can get all sorts of insurance cheaper by using a comparison site rather than a bank.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure