Tesco Clubcard Deals: Wine Case

Options
I ordered a "Seasonal Taster Case" of wine using clubcard deals tokens (£20 worth of clubcard points for a case supposedly worth £80).

Got the tokens and ordered the case to be delivered on Thursday (3rd November) between 5pm and 7pm. I rushed home from work to wait in for the delivery. 7pm came and went and nobody had turned up. I phoned customer services to be told that the delivery was in fact for the following day (Friday 4th). I was pretty sure I did not put the 4th on the form but seeing as I didn't have a copy of the form thought maybe it was my mistake.

Rushed home again yesterday to wait in for the delivery. Once again 7pm came and went and nobody had arrived. I phoned customer services again, only to be told that the delivery date was in fact the 3rd as I thought. All he could do was to get someone from clubcard to call me, but seeing as it was Friday evening it will probably be Monday.

I have been left to wait in for two nights for delivery slots where nobody has turned up, but what makes me most annoyed is that I was told that the delivery was for the following day when it clearly wasn't! I am also left without my case of wine which had been timed to arrive for the weekend!

When I called customer services yesterday the agent admitted that they have been having problems with the clubcard deals wine cases. When I said that they have recently stopped the deal he said he didn't know if it was due to the problems they have been having.

When clubcard call should I push for something in addition to the wine for the inconvenience of having to wait in what will at least 3 times for the case of wine, assuming they manage to deliver it in the next slot!

Comments

• hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah push for something from them to make up for your inconvenience.

They could give you free delivery or an extra bottle or two of wine - get what you can off them - after all you waited in sober two nights when you could have been downing the bottles of wine and having a good time!

H
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • duncansby
    duncansby Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our friends had exactly the same terrible service ordering wine via the Clubcard tokens
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    They seem to give away extra points quite easily when you make a complaint. Push for 1000 and see what happens.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • MarcD_2
    MarcD_2 Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am STILL waiting for a new delivery date, nearly a week on! Was meant to receive a call on Monday, didn't. Rang on Tuesday - apparently they were trying my work number out of hours so couldn't get an answer. I made sure they had home and work numbers and someone would call within 24 hours - this period elapsed this afternoon and still no call.

It's all getting a bit tiring - this case of wine is turning out to be more bother than its worth!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure